Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely E2 grip and Racemaster holster

Broncman

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2018 at 7:15 PM, ElkChaser said:

I am having an E2 installed now was wondering what block works best I have PT and STI

I have the PT insert and my new open gun has the new cheely.  The pt Insert doesn’t work. It won’t sit in it properly or lock

2 hours ago, Jts2581 said:

I have the PT insert and my new open gun has the new cheely.  The pt Insert doesn’t work. It won’t sit in it properly or lock

Per Matt Cheely and DAA you want the SV STEEL insert.

1 hour ago, Brooke said:

Try an Everglades holster and free yourself from insert issues.

Unless Steve has incorporated the required change in new production, you have to modify the Everglades block slightly to get the e2 to seat properly.  I take a small file and about 60 seconds to do.  Here is the mod.  Remove a little material from the intersection of the chamfer and the top of the block.

100_1217.thumb.JPG.9102315d3f4c5c47fbf5a24a99718a59.JPG

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Dfehr401 said:

I have an issue with the PT insert and my cheely not coming out should I try the SV steel?  Or try and modify the PT?  I know this is an old topic so hopefully some sees it.

You want the SV steel insert for a Cheely steel grip.

MPA grip hung up sometimes in my old DAA racemaster.  Switched to a Safariland 015 since I didn't want to dink with holsters when switching pistols and liked the lock better than the Everglades (which also worked with both old-school plastic STI and the MPA)

27 minutes ago, shred said:

MPA grip hung up sometimes in my old DAA racemaster.  Switched to a Safariland 015 since I didn't want to dink with holsters when switching pistols and liked the lock better than the Everglades (which also worked with both old-school plastic STI and the MPA)

Hung up how?

And what insert?  The one I have I think is for a plastic STI grip, but since it looks like I will be ordering an MPA open gun soon I am trying to figure out when insert I need

5 hours ago, Iggy42 said:

Hung up how?

And what insert?  The one I have I think is for a plastic STI grip, but since it looks like I will be ordering an MPA open gun soon I am trying to figure out when insert I need

Regular plastic STI insert.  Hung up as in the insert wouldn't release completely if you drew even a bit angled to one side or the other.  A bit of back and forth frees it, but that's a no-go on the clock.  With a perfectly straight draw it was fine, but any angle and the insert wouldn't release completely.  Zero issues with a plastic STI grip and that setup.

• 2 weeks later...