Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 01 decocker

Bench

I was looking the other day at a CZ 75-01 Phantom and trying out the decocker. I was surprised to see that the hammer only went to half cock when the decocker was pushed. Definitely not like a 92 where the hammer goes all the way down.

Is that really the way it's supposed to be or was the 'grittiness' not allowing the hammer to go all the way down? If so, then for USPSA production to 'make ready' the hammer would have to be lowered manually...I've been spoiled with the 92 decocker.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

don't get the decocker model if you're getting it for USPSA. The decocker model trigger can't be made to be as good as the safety model

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well then...that settles that choice!!! Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jacket said:

I have a PCR with decocker.  It only goes half way down.  It's a carry gun, trying to use something close to my competition pistol.  

Thanks BJ, I guess it all comes down to what we get used to and want to continue with.

7 hours ago, Bench said:

I was looking the other day at a CZ 75-01 Phantom and trying out the decocker. I was surprised to see that the hammer only went to half cock when the decocker was pushed. Definitely not like a 92 where the hammer goes all the way down.

Is that really the way it's supposed to be or was the 'grittiness' not allowing the hammer to go all the way down? If so, then for USPSA production to 'make ready' the hammer would have to be lowered manually...I've been spoiled with the 92 decocker.

Thanks.

A general guideline for CZ decocker models is that a decocker pistol trigger cannot be made as good as a non-decocker.  Without first hand knowledge I do believe that opinion is valid. The real question is, “Is it (a decocker model) good enough for you, your skills, and desires as a USPSA competitor.”  Only you can answer those questions. If your skills and work ethic will lead you to GM or M then I would go with a non-decocker model. If not, then again only can decide which is best for you. A decocker model may be a better choice if you are a lower level classification and are not trying to move up the ladder and are a weekend, local competitor.

To the best of my knowledge all CZ decocker models lower the hammer to the half cock. 

Edited by GeneBray

10 hours ago, GeneBray said:

A general guideline for CZ decocker models is that a decocker pistol trigger cannot be made as good as a non-decocker. 

A decocker model may be a better choice if you are a lower level classification and are not trying to move up the ladder and are a weekend, local competitor.

To the best of my knowledge all CZ decocker models lower the hammer to the half cock. 

Thanks Gene. With lowering to half cock, does that satisfy any ready conditions for a double action and/or selective action pistol?

I actually do not believe the decocker is inferior in tuning capacity. I have a nicely tuned SP-01 Tactical and a P-01 that I will put up against any other FPSB gun. Now, when we get into Shadow vs. non-Shadow we are in a whole 'nother ballpark!