Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Carbon Fiber Shotgun Tube Extensions?

NDanyday

Hey guys,

has anyone heard of apsfirearms.com? Saw an ad for their extensions and they seem to be the only company offering custom length extensions at the moment. Considering ordering one for my Stoeger 3000 to make it flush with the barrel. Looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger. 

Edited by NDanyday

Never heard of them, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything one way or the other - there's tons of cool stuff out there that I've never heard of.

As much as I hate it when someone answers a question besides the one that was asked, I kind of have to. And it's the same thing that everyone always says, to boot: I really wouldn't worry too much about the extension being flush with the barrel. This really only serves an aesthetic purpose. If that's what's most important to you, then rock on, but if you're planning to use that for competition, then I'd worry more about total capacity than about the physical length of the tube.

For context, when I first started in 3 gun, I ran a tube with a 9-round capacity. I figured that it would be enough to load to division capacity for a cruiser-ready start, so it was totally fine... and as a bonus, the end of the tube was flush with the barrel, which I thought looked nicer. But as I shot more matches, I started getting into more and more situations where it would have been really handy to load the gun beyond the mandated starting capacity during the execution of the stage. To put it another way, it turned out that there was a reason why everyone and their dog was running a 12 round tube that stuck out beyond the barrel. So, I ordered a +3 extension for my extension, and called it good.

Just throwing that out there, in case I can help someone else avoid spending the extra money that I had to spend....