Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red dot or Holo scope for AR shotgun.

nagantino

What's the recoil like on the shotgun?  I'm guessing that it has quite an impulse behind it... maybe enough to scramble the electronics or knock lesser optics out of zero?  Not to mention, this might be a gun that could find itself getting tossed in barrels as you're sprinting through a 3-gun stage?  If so, I'd personally go with something that has a proven history of taking abuse on Carry Optic slide mounts.  A Type 2 RMR would be my choice, especially since you've got plenty of AR height riser choices to go along with it.  There's other options out there like the DeltaPoint Pro that are very successful in Carry Optics, but I think you'll have a harder time finding a proper AR mount to go with it.  Not impossible, but harder.  Now, after firing the shotgun you think, meh, it doesn't move around so much, and maybe it will be gently laid in barrels rather than tossed like a fish in San Francisco, then just pick your poison.  An 8moa RTS2 would then become my first choice, but the Holosun 510's are gaining a lot of traction.  It doesn't hurt that these last two are way less expensive than an RMR.

Edited by jkrispies