Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

recommend me a good front sight for my 3 gun shotgun

minnesota1

I like green as a color for fiber optic sights.   Can you recommend me a front sight?  Mine is worn out and I have no idea what it is.  It's on a winchester super x 2 which is basically the fn slp.  It has a type of green sight on the front and has two screws holding it on  They are probably 2" apart.  I don't think it's a fiber optic or I'd change it out.  It's glass type encapsulated so it's a little weird, but it came with the gun.  I just want to see what people are using out there.

Thanks.

I've been using the HIVIZ TriComp front sight for the last 5 years.  I use the green triangle light pipe.  For long slug shots, just use the tip of the triangle and for fast shots use the whole triangle.  It comes with several different colors in round and triangle.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/914567/hiviz-tricomp-front-sight-for-shotguns-with-vent-rib-and-removable-front-bead-fiber-optic-with-6-interchangeable-lite-pipes#

On 9/19/2018 at 11:40 PM, SlvrDragon50 said:

I like my Champion EasyHit sight, esp as I'm partially cross-eye dominant.

https://www.amazon.com/Champion-EasyHit-2-5mm-Diameter-Shotgun/dp/B004U8M52E

Another vote for this one. I'm cross-eyed dominant too and this really helps out. It also let's you know if you have a bad head position on the stock

• 1 month later...

I had Briley install one of their front and rear sight sets on my m2.  The front sight is the same as many others except that it is dovetailed into the rib and can't come out.  I've had my front sight screw come loose on a stage and it was a big problem.  Their rear sight is really nice.  It's basically a rear sight milled in to the rib and is windage and elevation adjustable.  Check them out.

• 2 weeks later...

Word of wisdom on the hi-viz (or anything else with one screw, for that matter) - install it, take the fiber out, drill a hole in the back of it into your vent rib, and stick a roll pin in there. Otherwise you have a high likelihood of it being a sideways hi-viz in the middle of a stage one day!

11 minutes ago, AustinT said:

Word of wisdom on the hi-viz (or anything else with one screw, for that matter) - install it, take the fiber out, drill a hole in the back of it into your vent rib, and stick a roll pin in there. Otherwise you have a high likelihood of it being a sideways hi-viz in the middle of a stage one day!

Happened to me which is why I have the Briley sight. It is the same sight as the Hi-viz but is dovetailed into the rib and can't come out.

• 1 month later...