Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
m60tanker

Rock Island.

I have a early model A2 in 22 TCM and 9MM. This model does not have a flared mag well. Will a STI mag well fit it. Or what type will. Thanks.

1 hour ago, whoflungdo said:

I have a Rock Island Ultra FS and used a Dawson Ice mag well.  Fits great.

Got some pics? I thought 2011 magwells will not work with the Para frame.

The Taylor Freelance fattie works great. You will need base pads on your factory magazines though. If you don’t currently have a magwell I’m guessing you have flat base magazines.

I have a Dawson magwell here I may try it on my RIA. I never thought to see how close it fit. I’ll get back to you.

IMG_5532.thumb.JPG.7b1f3d7bf109f84c595e8be25c5ef3aa.JPGIMG_5914.JPG.f6d8032274953fe80764b4f7495239dc.JPGThis was my first 3 gun pistol built by Benny Hill , he used a Dawson magwell 

Edited by Underwood
edit

Talon 75---Dawson makes an Ice for the 1911. Sorry did not realize we were talking double stack. I shoot both Ltd and SS and was once again confused.

No problem. Looks like the one Benny fitted to that gun might be an old Dawson? I have not been able to find that one on their website.

Edited by Talon75

On 9/19/2018 at 9:22 PM, m60tanker said:

I have a early model A2 in 22 TCM and 9MM. This model does not have a flared mag well. Will a STI mag well fit it. Or what type will. Thanks.

The Taylor Freelance is nice, but requires cutting a good chunk of the bottom of the grip frame to fit it.  You also have to use aftermarket basepads.

0707181042-2080x1170.jpg

On 9/21/2018 at 12:03 PM, Goodonpaper said:

Looks like that RIA might have had a little work done to it :)

Yes sir.. 

Your standard springs will work, they should be 11 coil springs. I used springs and followers from DAA and they have been working well for me.

Capture+_2018-09-30-16-13-30.png