Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Budget or Used USPSA rigs

Malarky112

Hey guys,

Just getting into USPSA, do mostly IDPA now. 

Looking for recommendations for a budget belt setup. Glock 34 in production class. 

I was surprised there is not a bigger used market market for this kind of stuff. 

Many suggestions on where to look or begins are appreciated! (I checked the usuals EBay and the forums here) 

You didn't mention which gun system you're trying to outfit. I was lucky, I shoot XDm and they come with cheesy mag holders and a holster. Got me through my first couple of matches. When my son took it up, we got some relatively cheap holders from Safariland that work for double stack mags. For a second belt for my revolver stuff, I went with Midway house brand. A cheap knock off of the DAA inner/ outer Velcro design. Again, works for less than half the cost. Good luck! You'll find this sport has all kinds of creative ways to spend your money...

What's the budget?

Uncle Mike's competition belt is decent and pretty cheap. Ghost pouches are easy on the wallet. I like the 360 for bullets out, but you can get the bullets forward only model for about $5 less per iirc.

Find a holster with a Bladetech bolt pattern, and get a Boss or Springer  hanger for it.

2 hours ago, Mcfoto said:

You didn't mention which gun system you're trying to outfit. I was lucky, I shoot XDm and they come with cheesy mag holders and a holster. Got me through my first couple of matches. When my son took it up, we got some relatively cheap holders from Safariland that work for double stack mags. For a second belt for my revolver stuff, I went with Midway house brand. A cheap knock off of the DAA inner/ outer Velcro design. Again, works for less than half the cost. Good luck! You'll find this sport has all kinds of creative ways to spend your money...

I had mentioned it was for a Glock 34 in production. 

I have done a couple matches using my IDPA setup which is just a normal gun belt with paddle holster and a couple Blackhawk double mag pouches. 

I’m thinking I may get more serious so am looking for a USPSA specific belt system.

I’ll check out Midway thank you!

I have also posted to our local Facebook group that I’m looking for a setup, maybe I’ll get a few bites. 

Thanks guys! 

Anyone in here shooting USPSA in Mass this Sunday? ?? 

2 minutes ago, Malarky112 said:

I had mentioned it was for a Glock 34 in production. 

I have done a couple matches using my IDPA setup which is just a normal gun belt with paddle holster and a couple Blackhawk double mag pouches. 

You should be able to find all kinds of bargain gear that fits Glock. Do a search on Amazon.

Amazon has some adjustable mag pouches for like $11 shipped they are decent quality, search adjustable mag pouch. Shooters connection has a great stiff belt that's also pretty light on the wallet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ve been shooting for a long time, the only thing I have ever bought new is a belt.

I went from old nylon revolver holster to kydex to speed rig to limited to open and still after 20 years I have as good as anyone and still never bought new. Talk to people ask at matches it’s out there.