Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Toolguy

Protocall Design New Product Announcement

Recommended Posts

While we're on the subject, I'm currently developing a (hopefully) drop in hammer and trigger kit that gets lighter as you pull the trigger, similar to a compound bow. Over the last 25 - 30 years I have tried every imaginable scheme to find the Holy Grail of light trigger pull and heavy hammer fall (both at the same time). Unfortunately, one person can't live long enough to test everything that might be tried. I have completely rearranged the mechanics of the lockworks and am currently getting a final pull weight of around 4 pounds from any starting poundage. The change in pull weight is very smooth and would not even be noticed by a non revolver competitor, but is also very controllable. I'm now making my own hammers and triggers from bar stock in order to get this result. There is still much testing to be done in order to get the maximum performance, then filing patents and making engineering drawings. I will be watching this thread to see what others have found to be effective. As far as I can determine, no one has ever figured this out in the history of revolvers.

Edited by Toolguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toolguy, where can get in line for these new products as soon as they’re available? Thanks, Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, twister said:

Toolguy, where can get in line for these new products as soon as they’re available? Thanks, Dave.

 

The line forms right behind me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a Protocall Design vendor tent here. It will be late in the year or sometime next year before any products are ready for sale. I still have some fine tuning to do on the design, and this is a "spare time" project, covered up with work right now, so not much spare time. When they are ready, I will make an announcement on this forum and S&W forum. Please be patient, it will take a while to spool up production. Not taking any orders till there is actually a product to sell.

Edited by Toolguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Toolguy said:

We have a Protocall Design vendor tent here. It will be late in the year or sometime next year before any products are ready for sale. I still have some fine tuning to do on the design, and this is a "spare time" project, covered up with work right now, so not much spare time. When they are ready, I will make an announcement on this forum and S&W forum. Please be patient, it will take a while to spool up production. Not taking any orders till there is actually a product to sell.

How does your design deal with splits? Is it a faster return than a traditional setup or is there no change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No change. The trigger will cycle as fast as you can work it. Very snappy return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on it. So far, the prototypes have been encouraging. There are still many details to finalize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am most definitely interested. Would it work on a pro model 60? Put me on a list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will only work on K,L, and N frame revos. Sorry, no J frame. J frame is an entirely different animal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Toolguy said:

This will only work on K,L, and N frame revos. Sorry, no J frame. J frame is an entirely different animal.

 
Well, I might have to go buy a new revolver then... Subscribing, I'm really interested in this! (And I live not to far from you!) (If you need a tester, I'm willing to buy a gun just to be a tester hehe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where are you at? Do we know each other? Sometimes local people know me, but I don't know them. How long have you been shooting S&W revos? Do you shoot matches?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...