Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoring a noshoot question

mwray

Okay you have a NS target over the lower potion of a shoot target. The head section of the NS is partially covering the lower a zone of the shoot target. Competitor fires a shot in the head of the NS. The bullet is split by the perf of the a zone in the NS. Does that perf apply the same as the outer perf of the entire NS target?

Sounds like he gets both the Alpha and charlie penalty on the noshoot.  So it is a 16 point penalty if he is shooting minor and 18 point penalty if he was shooting major.  See sometimes minor is better....

23 minutes ago, mwray said:

This was not my club and I will not go back

So did they make the correct scoring call? If not, what did they call? Can you list some examples of the other questionable calls you referenced? This isn't very clear so far..

I'm not trying to stir up anything, just want to use it as a training tool for others.

3 minutes ago, gng4life said:

So did they make the correct scoring call? If not, what did they call? Can you list some examples of the other questionable calls you referenced? This isn't very clear so far..

I'm not trying to stir up anything, just want to use it as a training tool for others.

Most likely, He went to a match other than his usual locals and there were questionable calls. Probably not going to name the match which is fine. Usually when I see a post like this I take a look at the various match calendars and try to figure it out. That is, if I care.

Yeah, I got that part Sarge but I want to get the rest of the story from the OP. Even if we don't know which match it was, if someone from that club reads this and learns something from it to produce better matches (well, this goes for anyone really), then all is well.

2 minutes ago, mwray said:

No I will not release the name of the match on here. That’s not good for them or me. I ask these questions just to better my ability as staff. I will start another thread for the other questionable call

Would you answer the questions so it is clear on the call (the match is irrelevant)? This is a learning forum also and it would help out others and possibly the match club in question. Thanks.

This is what comes from the shooter hearing, "you get the points and the no-shoot because the bullet was touching the perf," at some point in the past.  But because the shooter never bothered to actually read the rulebook, they are taking this as gospel without the clarification that it only applies to the outer perf of the no-shoot.  It's one thing for a shooter to be misinformed, but if the squad, and especially the RO, is supporting that call, I'd attempt to politely show them the correct call.  If they don't agree, then you could have a polite discussion with the RM/MD after the match to gauge his/her response, and use that to determine whether you want to go back again.