Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double diamond or S3F barrels

Jfitz427

Hey guys and gals, 

I’m in the process of buying a threaded barrel so can run a comp. I have a KKM barrel right no (not threaded) and I love it. It’s been 100% reliable and it’s far more accurate then I am. I hate to stop using it, but I need a threaded barre, obvious choice is another kkm barrel. I been taking to Bobby carver and he’s suggested his 3 port comp over thd sjc 5 port. But I really want a gold barrel. My slide has 4 windows on each side now, and it’s tactical grey. So gold would look great. So the only options are the double diamond from Glock store, or the s3f, which I hear good things about. But I can’t find anything from people who shoot 9 major from them. My question is are the chambers long enough to load out to 1.15-1.17, and are they fully supported? My stock kkm has no problem with loads that long. I don’t want to have to bring the barrel to a smith to have it reamed. I’d love to have it drop right in like my current one. 

So has anyone used s3f or double diamond  barrels? 

My orher question is alpha wolf. Bobby says they’re g2g, but I read a lot of mixed reviews on here about lone wolf and short chambers. The black barrel would look good with. My grey slide. Seems like alpha wolf is a different or premium line vs lone wolf. So has anyone used the alpha wolf barrels? 

I appreciate  any help y’all can provide..

Hey there....first off I want to say that any barrel can be reamed for longer loads by any gunsmith.  

Shane uses S3F barrels in his pistols.  

You can always have a KKM barrel TiN coated for around $80-$100 and Luke is a great guy and I prefer his barrels over all.

As for the Alpha Wolf line I have a couple in 40 and have had no issues with them. Lone Wolf sells a lot of barrels for a reason. The Alpha Wolf line is their premium in house machined barrels. There is an option I believe to have a barrel from Lone Wolf PVD coated as well I just do not remember which line it is.  Bobby uses a lot of Lone Wolf products and his stuff is G2G so something must be good about Lone Wolf. 

In the end it comes down to preference and if you are a loyal to a specific brand type thing. 

Happy hunting/shooting and hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Regards,

DK

On 9/15/2018 at 12:13 PM, dskinsler83 said:

Hey there....first off I want to say that any barrel can be reamed for longer loads by any gunsmith.  

Shane uses S3F barrels in his pistols.  

You can always have a KKM barrel TiN coated for around $80-$100 and Luke is a great guy and I prefer his barrels over all.

As for the Alpha Wolf line I have a couple in 40 and have had no issues with them. Lone Wolf sells a lot of barrels for a reason. The Alpha Wolf line is their premium in house machined barrels. There is an option I believe to have a barrel from Lone Wolf PVD coated as well I just do not remember which line it is.  Bobby uses a lot of Lone Wolf products and his stuff is G2G so something must be good about Lone Wolf. 

In the end it comes down to preference and if you are a loyal to a specific brand type thing. 

Happy hunting/shooting and hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Regards,

DK

Ya I agree the kkm barrels are the best. I went ahead and bought a threaded one with a carver 3 port comp. and a 11lb and 13lb recoil springs. I hope one of those run  well. I have about 10k flawless rounds through the gun. I know when you start adding comps and stuff it can take some time to find the right parts to make it run smooth. 

Maybe in the winter when it’s cold I’ll send it out to get Tin coated. 

And I looked into lone wolf and found what you were talking about. They’ll coat anything for like 40 bucks. I thought about it but I kept reading about tight/short chambers with them, then I read on here that it’s next to impossible to ream the alpha wolf chambers. So I went with the tried and true kkm. I love my current one, so I’m sure the new one with be great too. 

Thanks for the help DK.