Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from North Carolina

Jfitz427

Hello all, I’ve been reading this forum for a few years and finally decided to join. Been shooting for a long time, a lot of long range precision until about a year ago when I’ve really taken an interest shooting pistols and improving my skills. Ive always shoot pistols two, but didn’t put the time and effort in to really improve like I did in PRS. I’ve shot some two gun, but that’s it competition wise that involves a pistol. I found a range that hosts USPSA matches locally and I want to get started in it. I have a coach here locally who’s a GM, talks about Brian Enos a lot, and about the year he beat him (96 or 97) don’t know what match but it was a big one. His name is Larry Brown If anyone knows him. But he’s been a good resource in getting Started here.

but I’m hear to learn a lot and ask some questions. Right now I run a Glock 34, with a Burris ff3 mounted on the slide, KKM barrel, Johnny custom Glock 2.5lb trigger and some other stuff. After reading these forums I’m itching to buy a 2011, but man are they expensive! Looks like the trubor was a great deal and in my price range  but I’m late to that party as it’s discontinued. Been looking through the classifieds for a used trubor or open gun as I keep reading good deals pop up but haven’t seen much. 

Gonna soak up as much info as I can this weekend while we ride out hurricane Florence 

Hello from Pa. If you make it through the hurricane I would suggest trying out a few 2011's before you buy one. Would you want a full size or a shorty, heavy or light gun? Everyone has different likes you just have to find out what yours are first.

Be safe and keep dry?️

Howdy from N of W-S.

Don't know Larry, only been messing with USPSA for a couple years.

Rowan Practical Shooters in Salisbury, CGGR in Asheboro, Strategic Match Design at VIR, Sir Walter Raleigh N of Durham, and Supergrand Champ in Sanford, Devil Dog over by Raliegh, and Range e11even in Chesterfield SC all host matches within a couple hours, you can literally shoot every Saturday if you want to and an occasional Sunday.

I remember when Larry showed up at the local range in Graniteville with this young guy named Chris he was coaching.  He seems to have done a pretty good job as Chris Tilley has several National titles. 

Shoot what you have for a year and then think about spending money on different equipment.  Spend money on ammo and practice what Larry tells you to long before buying another gun.

See you at a match.

Paul Beck

Greensboro

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 6:43 PM, paul788 said:

I remember when Larry showed up at the local range in Graniteville with this young guy named Chris he was coaching.  He seems to have done a pretty good job as Chris Tilley has several National titles. 

Shoot what you have for a year and then think about spending money on different equipment.  Spend money on ammo and practice what Larry tells you to long before buying another gun.

See you at a match.

Paul Beck

Greensboro

Hey Paul, 

i live in Greensboro also, small world. where do you shoot around here? I go to calibers a few days after work. And outdoor at DPRC on the weekends and set up some courses of fire and do timed runs and other drills. I’m going to calibers tomorrow actually. 6pm or so. 

Edited by Jfitz427

• 2 weeks later...