Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Parker Mountain Machine Ruger PCC handguard upgrade VIDEO ADDED

So...I have been waiting for Parker Mountain Machine to release and ship their handguard/rail for the Ruger PC Carbine for a few months now.

And today, it showed up in the mail.

It took all of about...wait for it...1 minute to swap out the factory handguard with the new PMM. Requiring only one bolt for installation and removal.

First thing...I know some folks think the Ruger PCC is on the heavy side. And at 7+ lbs, it does have some girth to it.
 And if you compare it to a 9mm AR platform with light weight parts...yes...it is a bit chunky.
 My two 9mm AR rigs weigh in at around 5 1/2-5 3/4 lbs.

So when I first held it, it did feel heavy. It weighs 14+ ounces.

BUT....the factory handguard weighs 7.9oz according to my mail scale.

Once installed I weighed the rig and as you can see in the picture, I am still under 7 1/2 lbs.

OK...YES...it feels WAAAYYYYY better than the factory handguard. I use my PCC strictly for USPSA and Steel Shoots, so the PMM handguard allows me to grab it mush closer to the end of the barrel and allows for better "driving" of the rig.

I have not shot it yet, but so far it is a HUGE improvement over the factory setup.

And the main and most important thing...it just looks....hmmm....gangsta!!!

Oh...and yes....those are MLOK slots and QD holes. Allowing easy installation of lights, lasers, slings, bi-pods, etc.

Here are the pics!  

20180914_1.jpg

20180914_141757_Copy.jpg

20180914_141802_Copy.jpgbbcode image

20180914_141811_Copy.jpg

20180914_141936_Copy.jpg

Edited by BigBamBoo

I believe you got one of Brian's first prototypes as yours is still raw aluminum.  After seeing yours in a past thread here I contacted him and bought a Picatinny version anodized black and it works wonderfully with my Vortex Venom.   Incidentally, Taccom now offers a similar rear sight replacement Pic rail but Brian's is shorter and a neater, better fit for most red dots. 

Also after seeing the above photo of your PC Carbine i realized the front sight is indeed held on with two screws just like the rear sight.   Maybe i'll remove mine too as it now serves no purpose.  Did you fill the holes with plug screws and, if so, what was the threading, 6-48 or 6-40? 

26 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I believe you got one of Brian's first prototypes as yours is still raw aluminum.  After seeing yours in a past thread here I contacted him and bought a Picatinny version anodized black and it works wonderfully with my Vortex Venom.   Incidentally, Taccom now offers a similar rear sight replacement Pic rail but Brian's is shorter and a neater, better fit for most red dots. 

Also after seeing the above photo of your PC Carbine i realized the front sight is indeed held on with two screws just like the rear sight.   Maybe i'll remove mine too as it now serves no purpose.  Did you fill the holes with plug screws and, if so, what was the threading, 6-48 or 6-40? 

Yes, I used the plugs from Brownells. Not sure the thread pitch. I will see if I have the info.

Well they are a fun rig. With the trigger, handguard, sight mount, magwell, mag release, and muzzle brake....you are into a Ruger for about as much as you would be with a decent AR platform set up for going fast.

I switched to the Ruger because I am in Calif., where AR's are not Kosher and scare the liberals. The Ruger is so much less assaulty.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

BigBamBoo - what magwell funnel are you using and are you happy with it?  Is it friction fit only or does it have a set screw for extra security.....Thanks Mark

TACCOM......it snaps on, will not come off.....until you want it to come off

HEre is the link for the entire competition package:  https://taccom3g.com/product/ruger-pc-carbine-competition-package/