Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magpul 27 GL9 Magazines - Update

For PCC reloads I really prefer the Magpul PMAG GL9 mags.   The 21 rd mags are nice but I would like a couple of the 27 rd mags to round out the stable.

The website still show they will be available in Summer 2018 but so far I've not found one to purchase.  Decided to go straight to the source.

Here is the (quick) reply from Magpul.

Thank you for contacting us. These have not gone in to production as of yet and have not been released. We do have them in the works and are hoping to get them out sometime this year.

Thanks again,
Amanda  

2 hours ago, Startingover said:

Are the magpul mags slimmer or smoother or.......

why do you prefer them for doing reloads?

The magazine body seems to be made of a smoother and harder plastic than the Glock brand magazines.  Initially I was sceptical that they would be much smoother on reloads, but once I got one, I found that (at least for me) there is a noticeable improvement.

Since most reloads are during classifiers, the 21 rd magazines (I download them to 19 rds) are just about perfect.  I do think a slightly longer magazine would be a bit better.  At least that's my hope for the 27 rd mag.

I have been waiting for the 27 rounders as well.  I have 2 of the 21's and one 17.

I love the 21 rounders for reloads they fly in and out of the gun.

Before next season I will either pick up 3 more 21's or 5 of the 27's.  I want the same mag weight for Steel Challenge...even though I'm not sure I could tell at this point.

The 21rd Magpul mags are spectacular !!

They drop empty, or close to it. I also use them for first mag on a mandatory reload stage. I grab a downloaded ETS big stick for the second mag.

I thought I saw somewhere they were coming out with a 31 or 33 round version, I never read about a 27rd mag but that would be sweet also.

One thing about Magpul mags, THEY WORK !

Edited by SJMPCC022
content
1 hour ago, Steve RA said:

Has anyone tried the "clear" ETS magazines ???  I've read a review or two that says they are reliable, trying for a few more users opinions.

All my big sticks are ETS.  They run great and for $20 I don’t know why anyone would go with anything else.

2 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Has anyone tried the "clear" ETS magazines ???  I've read a review or two that says they are reliable, trying for a few more users opinions.

ETS mags are great. I have a bunch for my Glock 43, my Glock 17 open gun and for my AR9 PCC's.   They work great with the MBS Mega extension. 

9 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Count me in, other than the 21rd Magpul mags, all my big sticks are ETS. I had been having trouble with Glock mags fitting too loose in the gun, I think I know why.

The ETS mags are much harder plastic and fit and function well!

I tried one with a TF +10 basepad but there was a step in the back, so no go. I have one on an MBX mini and another on a Dawson +4 base, all good to go there.

One thing though, keep them clean on the inside and spray a little WD-40 in them after cleaning.

• 3 months later...

Looks like the PMAG GL9 27 rd magazines are now headed to the market.

https://gatdaily.com/magpuls-gl9-line-adds-27rd-pmag/?trk_msg=V660LQNSN7A49DASE68SJAC8OS&trk_contact=8PC7KIJR5RSIG11SBH177ENI98&trk_module=new&trk_sid=2OGBHV5BJOV7QFBS6FBBUNKGGK

Still don't see them in stock with any vendors.

Edited by Flatland Shooter