Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tormach pcnc 1100 help

Open1215

Hey guys, I know we have a lot of hoby and professional machinists on here. I need some help. I purchased a pcnc 1100 some time ago and the X axis has since locked up. I've tried a lot of things to fix it. The motor is good. The bearings are good. The gibs are fine. All I can think is the ball screw but the table is siezed in the middle of the travel, And I cannot access it at the moment. I've contacted a local company to come out and I got stood up and they haven't rescheduled. I'm in central Florida. I have some friends coming by with a hoist and flat jacks next weekend. I am going to try 2 things. I think if I can neutralise the weight of the table I may be able to get it to move and I can run it to the full travel on each sides and clean the ways then check the lash for speck. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try a few things to get to the ball screw from the bottom. See if that is part of the issue. I know there is a ton more knowledge here than what I've been able to Google. Does anyone have any bits of advice or something i may have overlooked that I can check without removing the table or needing a lift? Also does anyone know of a repair man in central FL or know how to fix them and local? Any help here would be great! Thank you all for your time. Josh.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

I did. Driver is fine. It will jog fine with no issues when detached. I just can't get the table to move. Even with the manual lash adjustment wheel attached. When the driver is on it will spin a bit the the clutch kicks in.

No, however this one is on me. I didn't keep up with PM and it started to chatter a bit when jogging(without cutting). Then the next day it sized. I messed up plain n simple. I'm just really hopeful that I can fix it. I'll keep everyone posted. Have some help coming this weekend.