Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Razor Cat, Czechmate Parrot or Atlas Chaos?

ilovevtac

I'm torn and need guidance. Thinking about getting into open and have narrowed my 3 gun selections to either the Limcat Razor Cat, Czechmate Parrot or the Atlas Custom Chaos?

I really like the Limcat and the Atlas Custom but am super impatient LOL

What are your thoughts? Pro/Cons of each?

Thanks!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you said you narrowed it down to those three but just throwing it out there but there's a Infinity IMM 9mm open for sale in the classifieds. Infinity wait times are crazy so there's another option for a highend open gun without the wait, but it's still expensive.

You can't really go wrong with any of these options though. I'd say what's your budget and go from there. Atlas probably has the best customer service out of them, all atleast I hear great things about them. 

Edited by sean_stw

I had a Limcat limited gun and was more than satisfied with it. Awesome customer service. If Johnny or Julian didn’t answer a question I had right away they usually would send me a message at like 3 am since they are still working on builds late into the night. They also built my PCC. 

If you want a gun right away czechmate is awesome. That’s what I’m shooting now. It didn’t exactly run the way I wanted right out of the box though. But with minor tweaking it’s run 3k rounds without a hiccup. Plus it comes with a big stick and 3 140s. Also half the price of a custom 2011 and no wait time 

But if funds allow and youre patient i would go Limcat or atlas. Almost a coin toss. I’m partial to Limcat since I’ve done business with them before. 

Edited by love2fishnshoot

There are so many great builders you don't want to limit your choices. There is no mystery to building these just a level of craftsmanship and patience that many builders share. Almost all custom builders use exactly the same parts. If you do a quick search of the open forum you'll find a great deal of information. You find it's the archer not the arrow. By the way these 3 makers produce much different guns.

I know the Lim's personally. They are the greatest group of people you will ever meet. Throughout the years I have come to learn that they just love building these works of art. Especially Johnny, he just wants to build the best.. and he does. 

When you buy from them, you buy with confidence, knowing that they will fix any problems or defects. 

The only problem is the wait... sigh. Still waiting for mine. 

Sounds like time/patience is your biggest concern and not budgeting. That being the case if you haven't shot any to influence what you like -  order what you think is coolest. Then buy something used now and to hold you over till you get your new custom gun. Then keep the used gun as a back up or resell 

8 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

That Razorcat in the classifieds is a pretty sweet deal... has all the bells and whistles they offer. I've shot it, it is awesome.

Oof. That video of yours. One day I'll shoot an open gun, but I fear then it'll have me lusting for one with money I don't have :P 

Definitely a razorcat. I couldnt be happier with mine. Johnny at Limcat will take good care of you if you shoot one of his guns. I recently sent mine in for a little work and it came back looking like a whole new pistol. I recommend the newest model Razorcat that JJ is using. The Beastcat is also a super flat shooter. My buddy John just got one and let me put some rounds through it. Definitely flat. Pics of mine belowe4ab2a686a1083945c679b9418c5ffa4.jpga846eb9179e34e5b04ee529741d6fb7c.jpg34781dcf897ab2571bd618b7cd4ce246.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, EddieCrispo said:

Definitely a razorcat. I couldnt be happier with mine. Johnny at Limcat will take good care of you if you shoot one of his guns. I recently sent mine in for a little work and it came back looking like a whole new pistol. I recommend the newest model Razorcat that JJ is using. The Beastcat is also a super flat shooter. My buddy John just got one and let me put some rounds through it. Definitely flat. Pics of mine belowe4ab2a686a1083945c679b9418c5ffa4.jpga846eb9179e34e5b04ee529741d6fb7c.jpg34781dcf897ab2571bd618b7cd4ce246.jpg

That is AMAZING! There is no doubt that Johnny makes works of art! How do you like the PT EVO grip compared to the Limcat?

And what's the difference between the "Beastcat" vs the "Razorcat"?

Thanks!

That's a hard one. I got the pt evo like a month before they dropped the Limcat grip otherwise I would have purchased the Limcat grip. The Limcat is very sleek and fits the hand perfectly. And with the Limcat magwell it's awesome. That thing is like a black hole for mags. The evo is very aggressive and sticks in the hand pretty hardcore. I like them both. But my next gun will have the Limcat grip.

I may be incorrect but I'm pretty positive it's the compensator. One bleeds gas different from the other. However I do know that they both are now being made with top centered popples as where the older ones were made with smaller diagonal popples. I am a fan of the top popples. I feel like they run the gun flatter...given you make the right load.

Simply due to the wait time I would purchase an Atlas, but there is a Limcat in the classifieds right now that I would purchase if I was in the market for another Open gun. The czechmate is a nice entry level open gun but the quality and fit and finish just can not be compared to Atlas or Limcat. I do not think you can go wrong with either so you have to decide how long you intend to wait on it. 

I hear that. I'd contact Johnny or Julian and ask about wait times. My close shooting friends shoot Atlas pistols and love them. I borrowed 1 while my limcat was in the shop and won my class at Cowtown. Cant day anything wrong about em at all.

I shot a CK and a black dog for a short time before coming across a lightly used chaos. Wasn't sure I was even going to stick with open and felt like an idiot for having 3 open guns. After shooting the chaos one time I knew I loved open and immediately sold my other two guns to order a second chaos. 

1 hour ago, hitman_usmc said:

I shot a CK and a black dog for a short time before coming across a lightly used chaos. Wasn't sure I was even going to stick with open and felt like an idiot for having 3 open guns. After shooting the chaos one time I knew I loved open and immediately sold my other two guns to order a second chaos. 

Curious what made the Chaos a stand out? Caliber, popples, grip etc?

It shot much flatter and smoother than the others I tried. Comp is different, frame length is different, two popples they are larger than the three in the CK guns.  No idea what one thing it is that makes it so flat and smooth. All I know is Atlas has it figured out.