Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Appreciation for folks who take care of LE/MIL

RangerTrace

My appreciation and admiration for companies that give LE/MIL discounts.

I've been a cop for 27 years. I have no idea where or how it began, but business people have been giving me and my co-workers discounts for as long as I can remember. For the most part it has always been discounted or free food. Maybe to get cops in the door for free security, hopefully because they appreciate our service.

Those things continue today and are still greatly appreciated, just like the checks picked up by the random, anonymous customer. We do appreciate it and we usually try to tip the waitress the amount the meal would have been. I've never walked out without at least paying what the tip would have been.

Moving on to the firearms industry. Many, if not most firearms related businesses offer anywhere from a 10-30 percent discount to LE/MIL customers!! That is a HUGE discount that must greatly affect (or effect) their bottom line!! I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I just want to say that I greatly appreciate what you all do for us. I continually witness these kind and generous acts and I will always be thankful for the support.

Most recently for me.....Mark Roth, Jan Marak Davidson (Alamo Precision), Matt Cheely (Cheely Custom Gunworks), Paul Oglesby, (LANTAC-USA), JP Enterprises and many, many more that you could never read.....seriously. DSG, DFW Shooting Sports, 1800gunsandammo....and on and on. Danny Wisner (Atlanta Arms and Ammo) was always one of my biggest supporters.

I will be forever gratetful.

• 3 months later...