Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

COATED BULLETS FOR MAJOR?

tswisher21

I practice with coated. Accuracy is not as good as jhp. I only shot blue Bullets 115 an 125 grain. I did pick up sample pack of 125 grain blues .356 but haven’t loaded them yet. Seen on here people have had great success with .356 an up in open guns an coated

I tried them in competition with a 3 popple hole gun and didn't like the smoke I was getting on the lens.  I run a 90 degree so no blast shield.  I'm going to load what I have of the case from Blue Bullets for practice loads where it doesn't matter as much if I have to wipe the lens alot.  My powder of choice is HS-6.

I'm now loading PD 115gr HP bullets for competition loads.

I shoot coated bullets through a PCC with a TACCOM ULW barrel. The inside of the shroud looks like the Carlsbad caverns. No more...

Probably has a lot to do with what costed Bullets you use. All of them do not use same coating.

This comp has well over 10k with no cleaning

ffc951ccd4d37999a5d10a1f601658b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, aandabooks said:

I tried them in competition with a 3 popple hole gun and didn't like the smoke I was getting on the lens.  I run a 90 degree so no blast shield.  I'm going to load what I have of the case from Blue Bullets for practice loads where it doesn't matter as much if I have to wipe the lens alot.  My powder of choice is HS-6.

I'm now loading PD 115gr HP bullets for competition loads.

HS-6 is pretty dirty

I shoot 125gr blue bullets through several open guns.  As others have said, accuracy is not equal to JHP but it is good enough for our sport.  My guns shoot a group of blues about 1" bigger than a group of JHPs.  They do leave a little build-up in the comp but running a full mag of JHPs through the gun tends to blow most of that away.

Depends on the gun, I presume.  I shoot BB in practice, but at least in my match gun their accuracy truly sucks.   Last time I sighted my gun it was spot on with JHP's, but the 125gr Blues shot about 3" off - at just 50 feet.  They shot low and to the left.  Too much for some tight match shots.

I guess I could have sighted the gun for them, but I was reluctant to do so.

Other than that, no other issues observed in IMM's with two holes. 

Edited by Foxbat

^^^^^^. I agree I like the price of blues but accuracy I’m getting about the same as u say 3’. I ordered some test blues at .356 but I Miked em at .355. Say they just wrote .355 on packaging. I’m going to test some BBI an acme to see how they do.just want to practice with em anyway. 

I use to run coated but it was very dirty and had to clean my comp a bit more often. I have since switched to Precision Delta 124 JHP and I have definitely noticed the difference in how clean my gun is as well as the overall accuracy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot blue bullets, 125g out of my USPSA gun, they are at 180pf right now, yes I know theyre hot I have to back down. I also shoot them out of my steel gun. They are at 1200 fps and after 10,000 rounds there is no build up on the comp.

Bigboy I was pushing 180 PF with the blues 125’s to get the dot to track how I like

instead dropping my powder charge, I dropped my bullet weight to 115 blues, it dropped the PF to 172, and the dot still tracks the same

1 hour ago, rishii said:

Bigboy I was pushing 180 PF with the blues 125’s to get the dot to track how I like

instead dropping my powder charge, I dropped my bullet weight to 115 blues, it dropped the PF to 172, and the dot still tracks the same

Mine was sorta on purpose, by accident intentionally. I didnt have everything for my lock and load yet to convert to 9 so I asked my buddy to load me 5000 rounds at 7.3g WAC with the 125 blue bullet at 1.19 OAL. I figured it would make PF, but didnt know that high. I 'll going to back down to 7.0 WAC and I should be good.

On 9/17/2018 at 11:19 PM, EddieCrispo said:

I use to run coated but it was very dirty and had to clean my comp a bit more often. I have since switched to Precision Delta 124 JHP and I have definitely noticed the difference in how clean my gun is as well as the overall accuracy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This.

Coated leaves lead residue in the comp and makes smoke.

17 hours ago, Mlussoro said:

147s on 7.9gr hs6 runs beautiful out of tangfo 

Damn, I get the 124s up to major with just 7.3g hs-6. I was thinking about testing the 147s. I was thinking I could make major with somewhere around 6.7gs. Even my 115s make major right around 7.9-8gs. 

7 minutes ago, Jfitz427 said:

Damn, I get the 124s up to major with just 7.3g hs-6. I was thinking about testing the 147s. I was thinking I could make major with somewhere around 6.7gs. Even my 115s make major right around 7.9-8gs. 

I have 12 Poople holes in barrel, plus comp