Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Updated for 2018 - ESP/CDP slide cuts/full rails? Gettin' crazy...

matteekay

Howdy, IDPA folk!

I'm starting to eye the local indoor match now that revolver season is coming to a close and winter is soon to arrive. I was just re-reading the rules before dusting off my vest and flashlight and it looks like a few things have changed since I last shot IDPA (which would have been sometime in 2016).

- As far as I can tell, slide lightening cuts are now legal? 8.1.7.E makes a provision for factory machined slides. I don't see anything in 8.1.8 that forbids them, and 8.2.2.2.Z (ESP) and 8.2.3.2.Z (CDP) both allow for "Slide checkering, serrating, engraving, and other machining". I assume this covers slide windows and the like?

- I remember full-length and railed dustcovers not being legal. I can't find a rule on that in the 2017 book - did it change?

- Lastly, and mostly as a joke... I don't see anything forbidding thumbrests other than having too much clearance between the handgun and your body when holstered. Am I just slow? (very possible)

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Obviously this was 3 months ago, but I figured I should chime in for clarity's sake.

1. Yes, lightening is now legal.

2. Full length dustcovers have been legal since 1/1/2017.

3. A thumbrest wouldn't fit the box. That's the main one I can think of.