Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide options for p18

je85

14 hours ago, ChuckS said:

I used to have 2 Para framed pistols with STI slides. No problem but the fit may be a bit loose.

Thats what I'm worried about.

Its going to be a open gun so I need tight as possible.

I wont go with another para or rock island slide.

44 minutes ago, je85 said:

Thats what I'm worried about.

Its going to be a open gun so I need tight as possible.

I wont go with another para or rock island slide.

I had a good enough fit on my pistols. My gunsmith warned me but when we got the slides they fit well. You can always go accurail if you need a real tight fit. I am sure there are other tricks also. I am not sure that you would be any better off with a Para replacement  slide. Since you mentioned you're building an open gun I thought I would mention this caution concerning Para frames. You may be aware but the Para dust cover is very thin and will likely crack at the scope mount holes if you use a frame mount. Like mine:

MountHoleCrack.jpg

Edited by ChuckS
spelling fix

• 1 year later...

Get a slide that needs to be fitted to the frame.   Will probably have to remove material from the bottom of the slide to get it to go on the frame.   You might get lucky on the frame rail width compared to where the rail fits in the slide but pretty doubtful.   Will probably need to have the frame rails tig welded to add material to make them wider them mill them back to fit the slide.   I have had it done and if the person is a excellent welder when it is finished you cannot tell it was ever done.   If you have to pay someone to do all that work would probably cost  the same as having it railed, but once it is railed it will always have to be sent out to have a replacement slide fitted if it is ever needed