Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable gas block

technetium-99m

Looking for adjustable gas blocks for my 308 rifles.  I'd like blocks that are adjustable from the front, preferably something that has clicks or a some other locking mechanism.  One will be set and not adjusted, the other will be used with and without a suppressor so it might be adjusted up and down regularly if that makes a difference.

The SLR 7 seems to fit the bill, are there any others that fit the criteria?  

I was not impressed with the Syrac blocks I had.

SLR blocks are about the closest to what you are asking for, but in my experience ALL AR15 adjustable gas blocks seize up with carbon eventually so your idea of adjusting for suppressed vs unsuppressed fire is not really workable. Personally, in your shoes I would get TWO bolt carriers and install Sun Devil ADIGS keys; optimize one for suppressed and one for unsuppressed use. Quick and easy to switch, and no fighting the carbon buildup.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I should mention that I was just offering up other options, I personally use a SLR myself as I also use their Helix handguard. StealthyBlagga is right in that they're pretty much all going to seize up. I was recommended that you reset your gas block every few hundred rounds to try and prevent it from seizing up. With clicks it should not be that difficult to do so.