Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting screws for Romeo 1

Babayaga

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, terrydoc said:

Can I assume the screws are same size for 320RX? Sent the R1 complete off for warranty and they didn't send the screws or tool back.

Just call Sig and they should send you a set of screws for free (especially since they didn't return the ones you sent with your optic). I called last Monday and had a set of screws by Thursday.

If only it was that easy, I'm in Australia and the importer ( which is in my city) doesn't deal with the public and the dealer is in another state half the country away. that's why I'm after the size I have no issue paying the 20c they will cost me I just need the correct ones. I'd prefer not to have to take the slide with me but that may be the option.

Edited by terrydoc

34 minutes ago, terrydoc said:

If only it was that easy, I'm in Australia and the importer ( which is in my city) doesn't deal with the public and the dealer is in another state half the country away. that's why I'm after the size I have no issue paying the 20c they will cost me I just need the correct ones. I'd prefer not to have to take the slide with me but that may be the option.

Sorry, didn’t realize you were in Australia.  Here is a link if you can’t get them locally:

http://www.sigsauerguns.com/sig-sauer-romeo1-screws-7400101-r.html

I was going to go this route before I contacted Sig.  (Not sure if they ship out of US)

Edited by IndyColtsFan

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/30/2020 at 8:33 AM, Kereal said:

Are the screws the same size for the m18 as the m17.? I would like to mount a Romeo 1 to my m18.

A Romeo 1, or a Romeo 1 Pro? If a Romeo 1, you will have to enlarge the holes in the sight body for the correct M4 screws to pass through and into the holes in the slide. A Romeo 1 Pro will mount up correctly with the supplied screws. 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:33 AM, Kereal said:

Are the screws the same size for the m18 as the m17.? I would like to mount a Romeo 1 to my m18.

The screw size for the M17 and M18 are the same (M4 x .7). However, your Romeo 1 comes with 6-48 Filister head screws so you need to buy a pair of M4 x .7 screws and then enlarge the mounting holes on the red dot.

I had enlarge the mounting holes on my friend’s romeo1 so I can mount the it on his M18. You’ll need a 4mm drill bit and use a drill press if you have access to it. The electronics are from enough from the enlarged holes and won’t be damaged. Then take a black permanent marker to blacken the shiny mounting holes so Sig won’t notice the difference if you need to send it back for warranty repairs. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 6:21 PM, George16 said:

The screw size for the M17 and M18 are the same (M4 x .7). However, your Romeo 1 comes with 6-48 Filister head screws so you need to buy a pair of M4 x .7 screws and then enlarge the mounting holes on the red dot.

I had enlarge the mounting holes on my friend’s romeo1 so I can mount the it on his M18. You’ll need a 4mm drill bit and use a drill press if you have access to it. The electronics are from enough from the enlarged holes and won’t be damaged. Then take a black permanent marker to blacken the shiny mounting holes so Sig won’t notice the difference if you need to send it back for warranty repairs. 

Wow.

Thanks for the info. I have same problem with ROMEO1 PRO which Sig Web page says is GTG (https://www.sigsauer.com/firearms/pistols/m17.html). Screws are wrong though. I will try some M4x.7.