Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lazy Shooting Community

SDRemmy

Why are so many people in the shooting sports lazy?  I run a few matches at a small club. If I didn’t I’d have to travel over one hundred miles to go to a match. In a town of 30,000 I have about ten show up to a match. A couple are good shooters but most don’t practice at all. Also help at matches is very lacking. People may help set up and tear down but as far as actually running the match people are lazy.  Resetting the targets or running the timer is done by a small few.  Most just show up to shoot and watch. I enjoy shooting so I won’t stop putting on small simple matches but it is getting irritating. I also live in a place where there is a lot of “gun guys” but for the life of me I can’t seem to get them to a match. Everyone that comes seems to have fun and enjoy themselves. Then later talk about how fun it was. I even have a cash payout to the top three places.

I'm pretty sure the real problem is that people in general are lazy. And since you can't have matches without people, your bound to run into those generally lazy specimens regularly. 

That said, the majority of shooters in my area are great.

Way out-of-bounds.

• Hate rants involving shooters, firearms, or shooting related manufacturers, such as but not limited to - IPSC, IDPA, USPSA, Colt, Brownell's, Dillon, or Match Staff - are NOT PERMITTED. Brian's Forums is also not the place to resolve customer service issues or disputes you may have with a manufacturer, dealer, gunsmith, or individual.

• If your hate rant has to do with shooting then it needs to be directed towards yourself.

• In general - The Hate Forum is not for venting about anything to do with anyone or thing that hits close to home here. Please keep that in mind when posting in the Hate Forum.

>>Hate Forum Guidelines<<