Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phone Attachments for Spotting Scopes?

jkrispies

I have a pretty good rating on Amazon and get offers for free Chinese junk... I mean really great products.  Today I got an offer for a monocular with a tripod and attachment that aligns a smart phone's camera to the monocular's eyepiece.  Sounds like a great concept if used on a quality spotting scope as it would allow me to look check the target without having to leave my shooting position.  Anybody using this system and have thoughts on it?  Any suggestions for a good attachment piece that's on the market that is universal enough to work on my existing spotting scope?  Thanks, J

On 9/12/2018 at 9:47 AM, jkrispies said:

So I’m looking at it and the eye pirce is sold separate from the case?  Man, it’s getting expensive....

Yes, this is a two part system.  get the Universal mount and you can adjust it to fit the eyepiece of whatever optic.  I'll see if i can take some pictures of mine later. 

On 9/13/2018 at 1:48 PM, DWFAN said:

I use this on my Vortex Razor spotter. It works just fine, and is much cheaper than some other options.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D5W0WES/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That was one I was curious about.  It is inexpensive but the reviews mention that it is constructed out of metal. How is the quality of build?