Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger 22/45 compensator question.

Canman

My daughter shot her first steel challenge today. Wouldn’t you know it our 22/45 had been very reliable till the buzzer went off today. I think she may have limp wristed it a couple of times. Some ammo related. 

Would a compensator with the extra weight help?

Edited by Canman

Canman 

i doubt that a comp would solve a limp wrist problem. 

I shoot a Mark 2 in bullseye (now precision pistol). Very accurate. Also picky about cleanliness of the chamber. 

Reside builds up at the distal end of chamber and leading edge of rifling. Bullet lube and powder mostly. After about 500 rounds it’s enough to cause misfires because the round doesn’t seat properly. 

My fix is to brush the chamber with a 25 caliber rifle length bore nylon brush after every match. The oversized brush cleans very well. The extra length of a rifle brush allows me to bend it so I can clean through the ejection port. 

That may or may not help be your problem. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 7:30 AM, practical_man said:

Canman 

i doubt that a comp would solve a limp wrist problem. 

I shoot a Mark 2 in bullseye (now precision pistol). Very accurate. Also picky about cleanliness of the chamber. 

Reside builds up at the distal end of chamber and leading edge of rifling. Bullet lube and powder mostly. After about 500 rounds it’s enough to cause misfires because the round doesn’t seat properly. 

My fix is to brush the chamber with a 25 caliber rifle length bore nylon brush after every match. The oversized brush cleans very well. The extra length of a rifle brush allows me to bend it so I can clean through the ejection port. 

That may or may not help be your problem. 

‘This is very, very good advice.  Ask me how I know!

• 11 months later...