Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How heavy, is too heavy?

7 hours ago, Timido said:

I just got that barrel today.  I just mocked it up in an Odin lite handguard I think it's 12.5"   The barrel nut is kind of an odd system. The handguard is pretty light weight.  That is the right size for that barrel though.  

FB_IMG_1536466646828.jpg

That looks great. What brand/model upper is that?

I am going to need another soon.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I don't think the weight is as much a factor as where the weight is. Front heavy will hurt transitions a little but may keep the muzzle down. Butt end will just add weight and will not effect transitions at all. I like my PCC's to be a little front heavy but not heavy overall in the 6-7LB range is fine. Balance at the magwell with no magazine installed. Thanks, Eric

I think this is good info, my barrel is very heavy, causing mine to be very front heavy, and still don't have a laser out there yet.

It should be better with this new Taccom tension barrel and shorter/lighter forearm.

Thanks everyone for the input, being kind of new to PCC, I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Startingover said:

Looks like 12" is the perfect length for these new Taccom barrels.

I will try and find one, I have been looking at so many lately, it's hard to keep track.

Actual length is 12.5” for the 12” model.  You can buy them lots of places but it seems like the best price is at the manufacture’s website if you keep an eye on it for sales:  :https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-lwm12g3-blk.htm  When they do a sale, they drop the price quite a bit. Also don’t hesitate to send them an email to see if they have a Gen II (current model is Gen III) on a back shelf for clearance.  I’ve got a 12” length on my ULW and I like that length a lot because it doesn’t stretch me out too much and the lack of rail on top is very comfortable on the thumb.  Weight is 8.2oz including the barrel nut. 

6 hours ago, Startingover said:

That's good to hear, I am currently running their billet upper, looks the same as yours?

Yes.  I like the lack of forward assist and low profile brass deflector.  Plus it's one of the less expensive billet upper receivers.

6 hours ago, Startingover said:

I just pulled the trigger on the Odin Works.

Thanks for the feed back on it.

Good combo of price and light weight, but still maintains the style/shape as my atlas-s I am running now.

If you are ok with old school key-mod they are on sale here plus add the $10 off and free shipping code "VAG" they are pretty cheap!

I actually purposely chose Keymod.  I don't plan on hanging anything on the handguard, and the Keymod cuts make the same length lighter than the Mlok.

I just did some fuzzy math based on website specs.

By switching out my Rainer Arms barrel with vg6 brake, and 15" Atlas-S handguard , and replacing them with the new Taccom tension barrel (with their pinned and welded comp), and the 12.5" Odin Works handguard , I will be dropping 19.1 oz. off the front of the gun!

We will see what the scale says when done, but that's a lot of weight!

Should be interesting.

6 minutes ago, Startingover said:

I just did some fuzzy math based on website specs.

By switching out my Rainer Arms barrel with vg6 brake, and 15" Atlas-S handguard , and replacing them with the new Taccom tension barrel (with their pinned and welded comp), and the 12.5" Odin Works handguard , I will be dropping 19.1 oz. off the front of the gun!

We will see what the scale says when done, but that's a lot of weight!

Should be interesting.

That upper I posted with the Odin handguard was 32 ounces like it was in the picture.

Here is mine with that odin handguard and taccom barrel.   My pcc is now a little over an inch shorter and the same weight with a 3 ounce heaver stock and 2 ounce heavier handguard.   5lb 14onces.  It now has a better ballance.  We will see how it shoots tomorrow. 

received_243364423042574.jpeg

8 hours ago, Timido said:

Here is mine with that odin handguard and taccom barrel.   My pcc is now a little over an inch shorter and the same weight with a 3 ounce heaver stock and 2 ounce heavier handguard.   5lb 14onces.  It now has a better ballance.  We will see how it shoots tomorrow. 

received_243364423042574.jpeg

I just installed my Feather weight Barrel and carbon fiber hand guard.  I dropped a pound on mine.  it went from 8lbs down to 7lbs.  It feels more balanced.  Now, I just need to shoot it and sight in my C-more again.

I shot my pcc today with the Taccom barrel.  Shoot some 147 reloads.  130pf and 145pf. Both were accurate enough for me at 25 yards   I was practicing doubles at 10 yards hanging plates.  4-10" plates .17 splits.  My 16" upper shoots great with just the small taccom comp.   The way this 13.5"  is set up with more weight in the rear I think it will be better for me to transition with.   I probably shot 300 rounds of round nose with no failures

3 hours ago, Timido said:

I shot my pcc today with the Taccom barrel.  Shoot some 147 reloads.  130pf and 145pf. Both were accurate enough for me at 25 yards   I was practicing doubles at 10 yards hanging plates.  4-10" plates .17 splits.  My 16" upper shoots great with just the small taccom comp.   The way this 13.5"  is set up with more weight in the rear I think it will be better for me to transition with.   I probably shot 300 rounds of round nose with no failures

Nice

3 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

That handguard does seem to fit the Taccom barrel well and looks great...  Which handguard is that"  Odin Works seems to make a lot of different, but similar hand guards.

Odin lite 12.5" is the one on my pcc 

FB_IMG_1536466646828.jpg