Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Favorites

CuttingEdgeAmmo

I love my :

627,625,610,357 Blackhawk,Super Redhawk 454, 1917,6 inch GP100 and even the little 7 shot 357 taurus snubby I picked up used...

My favorite would be the 1917 it's # is in the low 50k, so it was most likely in France.  I wish it could talk.  I almost never shoot it ( the sights are awful)

The 627 is the most useful, the 454 can roar, the 610 and 625 pack great and can do anything I need...

I miss the Redhawk in 45 Colt I sold.. 

I give up.  I can't answer the question

45 Colt in a strong revolver is the most versatile, 357 uses less lead and gives me 2 extra rounds, 10mm is versatile as well, 

I give up

Edited by Makicjf

I’ll play even though I’m a newb:

1. Favorite (only) revolver : Smith 66 4” - see pic, but an 8 shot is in my near future 

2. Favorite cartridge: still doing .38 special but might go short colt or 9 (see above) love heavy round-nose coated Bullets. Have tried Bayou and blue. Currently running them over Universal as I got 5 lbs of it from a friend who’s moved on. New to reloading  so I’m happy if it goes bang, hits the target and I still have all my fingers.

3. Front sight? Part of choosing the gun. I haven’t gotten into aftermarket sights yet.

163C9FA5-0819-4B95-85E2-AFE44392F9D9.jpeg

Edited by Mcfoto

PC 627 (competition 160 coated rn at 133 pf), 325 Thunder Ranch (EDC 230 HST's).  For me both cleaned up nice, work well once I hmmm massaged them? and do the job I ask.

38 short colt, 45 acp

Factory .196 rear sight (627 came with it had to install on the 325), proper height F/O with whatever width fits your eyes (one reason I like the "Classic FS" it's one of the few things to change on a revolver.

If I had to pick one it would be the 627 as I can EDC it also, and there's nothing better than 125 SJHP's for EDC (except maybe 45 230 HST's).  It's just the moon clips for the 45 carry better than for the 627.  But I do have a JOX carrier, maybe I need to find a 327 4" used as they're not made anymore? Or maybe a 4" 627??? You had to ask you know.

Edited by pskys2