Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First PCC Build - Feedback Before I Buy

3 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Those same rounds feed fine in a JP rifle with the same glock mag.

thats cause it’s a JP, lol

the mag angle and fitment is near perfect, and the barrel throat is one of the largest/deepest on the market.

it will have a hangup with longer OAL’s every so often, and it’ll be because it catches the front lip on the mag. 

JP’s standard upper is a forged milspec upper, same one they use on their JP-15

1 hour ago, DKorn said:

I’m actually thinking about borrowing a buddy’s PCC for a match just to see if I like it. 

Honestly, this would be my real recommendation.  Everybody has a different comfort level when it comes to building things, but piecing together a modern lower (ie, no roll pins) is easy.  Honestly, you should know how to take a lower apart and put it together again for maintenance and cleaning anyway.  The complete TACCOM ULW upper will treat you right so that’s already done.  

4 hours ago, jkrispies said:

Honestly, this would be my real recommendation.  Everybody has a different comfort level when it comes to building things, but piecing together a modern lower (ie, no roll pins) is easy.  Honestly, you should know how to take a lower apart and put it together again for maintenance and cleaning anyway.  The complete TACCOM ULW upper will treat you right so that’s already done.  

Piecing together a lower is no big deal assembly wise. 

For a PCC, it’s a price issue to me. I can get an assembled PSA lower for about $150 and then gradually change out anything I don’t like versus buying just a lower for around the same price. 

I've been running the same setup.  Before I shot it I threw in a Hyperfire 3G.

For optic I am running a C-More.

Recently been running the Taccom buffer system and I like how it changed the recoil impulse.

Minus a broken firing pin early on I have had zero malfunctions in around 3k rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got into PCC! I started with PSA upper and lower, if you watch for them on sale, you can get the upper for $249 and the lower for $149 and have a nice gun to start with for $400.00. You can make some really nice up grades that fit your needs. The gun shoots great right from the start and you are not chasing problems of two different manufactures. 

The first thing that I did was put in Hiperfire triggers and lighter and better stocks and grips, Less than $200 in upgrades. Just my .02   JD