Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge Revolver

MWP

Is there a market for a race ready, lightweight Revolver? 929 weighing in at 36-37oz iron or open sights? Trigger job, light hammer, ball detent, sighted in, moon clips, just add ammo and go?

1 minute ago, Mcfoto said:

I've had my eye out for a used 929 for over a year now. Nada. So guessing if you list it, they will come.

I was thinking more along the lines of a multiple gun build. Not listing 1 gun. Take orders and build them new. 

Just getting a feel if that would interest more than just me.

Edited by MWP

3 minutes ago, RevolverJockey said:

I would just love a 929 but no one seems to want to sell one. 

Lee are you still in Washington? I could probably get you a new one for a fair price. 

4 minutes ago, MWP said:

Lee are you still in Washington? I could probably get you a new one for a fair price. 

I now live in the great state of AZ. Also; I have spend my days doing solidoworks modeling and rapid prototyping with a wire EDM, so I would likely do all the work myself including making my own moon clips. The problem is I don’t have the revolver and the full retail pricetag is a bit dissuading.

Lee

5 minutes ago, MWP said:

I was thinking more along the lines of a multiple gun build. Not listing 1 gun. Take orders and build them new. 

Just getting a feel if that would interest more than just me.

Ah. Well, I'd be using mine for ICORE and possibly USPSA later. Does that weight work with those rules? If so, put me on your list as plans progress. We'll have to figure out the FFL across the Columbia deal but I'd be will to drive a bit to save on shipping. ;o}

1 hour ago, Mcfoto said:

Ah. Well, I'd be using mine for ICORE and possibly USPSA later. Does that weight work with those rules? If so, put me on your list as plans progress. We'll have to figure out the FFL across the Columbia deal but I'd be will to drive a bit to save on shipping. ;o}

Per the rules, it's fine in uspsa and icore. It's light though, similar to a 327. 

I have a friend up here who uses his carbon gun for steel and his factory barreled gun for uspsa/icore, but backs each up with the other. 

We could work something out with FFLs, that's easy. 

1 hour ago, fcrsocial said:

What would the pricing be like?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well I don't want to turn this into a for sale thread, just getting a feel for it. I'll put together some prices, and people can PM me and I'll make a post in the sales section. 

9 minutes ago, jhgtyre said:

You cannot sell anything that you make anywhere on the forums unless you are a dealer and then you can only sell those items in your dealer forum.

True that. Which is why I stopped making the moonclip checkers despite the fact lots of people wanted them because I was making them my spare time for people who didn’t have the tools to make their own and was selling them at cost. It simply wasn’t worth the effort unfortunately. 

Lee

10 hours ago, Mcfoto said:

I've had my eye out for a used 929 for over a year now. Nada. So guessing if you list it, they will come.

Lots of new 929's for mid $900 range and Grab-a-gun had them on sale last weekend for $865 with $8 shipping.

Haven't seen any used much cheaper.