Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Facebook User Group gone?

Seems like the Mark 7 Facebook user group is gone. Was always a good place to get tips, see how other users were dealing with issues, etc.

All I can find now is the company's official, promotional Facebook presence.

Hello You Reloading Fiends!

We have disbanded the facebook group and since created our own Digital Community Forum for our Mark 7 Users to share tips, stories, and get help from other reloader using the same set-ups and all that other good stuff you desired from our facebook group.

Here is the link for any of our Mark 7 Users should they require it: https://www.mark7community.com

-Mark 7 Team

1 hour ago, Mark7 said:

Hello You Reloading Fiends!

We have disbanded the facebook group and since created our own Digital Community Forum for our Mark 7 Users to share tips, stories, and get help from other reloader using the same set-ups and all that other good stuff you desired from our facebook group.

Here is the link for any of our Mark 7 Users should they require it: https://www.mark7community.com

-Mark 7 Team

Do you have to be a current Mark 7 owner to be approved for membership?

19 hours ago, Mark7 said:

Yes sir that is a requirement for access at this time.

Why? When doing purchases of expensive goods -- like Mark7 -- it is very important for the consumer (or even commercial customers) to be able to be able to read other users experiences etc. online. It would also help to gear up if the discussions in the online forums reveal that special tools or e.g. specific dies are required/work best. It would also be excellent showcase for the support, as it would be transparent for the potential customers to see how fast problems are resolved.

Information wants to be free!

Sir - 

Most, shooting, reloading and similar organizations are moving away from this toward their own platforms or ones hosted.  The reason for this is censorship that taking place in our country.  There are plenty of open sources of information  - like the one you are currently using.  Cost is not the issue - our hosted platform for all things digital related to our products is free but closed to current customers only.

Mark 7

Bad move. Product information should be freely available. The implication is that there is something to hide.

The threads here suggest the product still has issues. Why further compound this view and prevent customers working out whether they wish to proceed based on easily resolvable issues. With no info they can only assume the worst!

I have a mark 7 for 650. I think I only have access to 650 and 1050 autodrive forums. I don’t see any posts regarding evolution or revolution. It seems they are limiting those forums to actual users as well. Anyway, no one seems to use the forum anyway. There’s like 20 posts and mostly from M7. Maybe the Rev and Evo forums are more active, I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, ddc said:

I'm not sure this is a good idea.

For one thing I agree that it does seem a little evasive on Mk7's part. 

How is mk7 being evasive?  Is it not them who is hosting the group and is it not their product (the press, the information they provide, and the website itself)?

There is enough info here to draw conclusions IMO. My current conclusion is "Shows promise, but too early to tell" I will wait until all orders are filled and the newer public posts report good function, speedy support and no fundamental issues. I have also spoken to owners privately who report more issues than are public which just reinforces my previous comment and current plans :)

Im hoping to be able to order for Xmas. Go Mark7 :) 

5 hours ago, andrewtac said:

How is mk7 being evasive?  Is it not them who is hosting the group and is it not their product (the press, the information they provide, and the website itself)?

Yes they are obviously perfectly free to do whatever they damn well please. As you pointed out it is their ballgame and their rules.

To my mind restricting access to only those who have already purchased machines inhibits the ability of those without machines to interact with current owners.

So if there is a problem that is being discussed on that forum I will never find out about it until I also own the machine. 

To me that requirement causes information to be screened (whether intentionally or not) from non owners. Apparently you don't agree. That's fine.

That was most likely not their intent. I will hope it was not. It's not a huge big deal for a congressional investigation. 

I am still very interested in the product and my posting was not intended to bad-mouth it or the company.

21 minutes ago, ddc said:

Yes they are obviously perfectly free to do whatever they damn well please. As you pointed out it is their ballgame and their rules.

To my mind restricting access to only those who have already purchased machines inhibits the ability of those without machines to interact with current owners.

So if there is a problem that is being discussed on that forum I will never find out about it until I also own the machine. 

To me that requirement causes information to be screened (whether intentionally or not) from non owners. Apparently you don't agree. That's fine.

That was most likely not their intent. I will hope it was not. It's not a huge big deal for a congressional investigation. 

I am still very interested in the product and my posting was not intended to bad-mouth it or the company.

Sorry if I offended you.  I just asked the question.  I to would have liked their information for free.  I have purchased and am in line.  It would be nice to start looking at stuff now and would have been nice to see the board prior to purchase.  I was able to do research via this site and several others.  

They are providing information and support to paid users.  I have paid but not a user yet.  I suspect they made the decision to run it the way they chose for several reasons.  My first guess would be they are overwhelmed with orders and way behind on production; they chose to focus on those with product in hand. Could be to get off Facebook and away from a company known for censorship; I for one support them for doing that I’ve dropped FB over a year ago. Could be for proprietary reasons.  Could be for censorship or screening.  I don’t know.  I do believe they made a business analysis and came to the conclusion to do it they way they did.  After all it is their intellectual property on the table, their time, and their paychecks at stake.  I like free things too, don’t get me wrong. 

There is absolutely no restriction from allowing current users and future users from interacting; well at least I suspect that to be the case I have not had to sign a none disclosure statement.  As a matter of fact there are users on this site along with company reps that chime in.  

Edited by andrewtac

OK, kids the OP"s question has been answered by Mark 7 and the discussion is drifting well beyond the original question. If you need to express your feelings about Mark 7 company policy, please contact Mark 7 directly. Speculation on company intent does not belong here. I have locked the thread. If anyone has information that will add to original discussion, I will re-open the thread.

Thanks for you understanding,

ChuckS

ETA: You can contact Mark 7 here among other means:  https://forums.brianenos.com/forum/328-mark-7-reloading/

Edited by ChuckS