Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Loading data for 145 RN Acme coated bullets.

pcschwenke

I was wondering what overall length people running.  My goal is to find a decent load with WSF or WST for use with my S&W 986 and XDM5.25.   I was thinking a load of 3.8gr of WSF would be a good starting load.  Any information would be useful.  

Thanks!

Thanks for the starting loads.  I went on and loaded up some rounds last night with 3.6gr of WSF, federal primers, and overall length of 1.115.  They pass the plunk test in my xdm and fit similar to factory loads in my 986.  Hope they are work and are easy to remove from the S&W 986...   This revolver I really want to like, but continues to give me issues.  I haven't been able to get 2 full moon clips through it without misfires or tough extraction.  I bought a much of factory stuff to try as well.  My XDM seems to not care too much and cycles fine with anything.     

I am new to reloading but also load for XDm and revolver (although two different calibers - .40 and .38 sp). What I've noticed is that the revolver is very primer sensitive. Not the brand but the seating. If I hand prime and make sure the primer is below flush, I can get reliable ignition even with CCI. Maybe part of your misfires are primer seating? As you note, the XDm pretty much fires off everything and cycles anything that has made it through the gauge.

Jcc7x7 - I will try Blazer brass.  Back when ordering new moon clips from T-K Custom, they mentioned to use Win, R-P, and Aquila.  So far I'm not convinced these all work.  Thanks for your input!

Mcfoto-  Yeah, most revolvers benefit from using Federal primers.  Federals are more sensitive & ignite easier.  I've been reloading for 28 years and love shooting my 38 special 686.  It always works, even with an extremely light trigger.  My 986 has been back to S&W for timing issues and has always had issues lighting off primers.  It seems to have come with an extended firing pin, which I replaced with a T-K extended anyway.  This didn't help.  Everything else is stock.  Also I removed a ton of burrs, but still didn't cure the problem.  I have a few more things to try, but open to ideas. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried 100 of the Acme 145RN with 3gn of Tite Group OAL 1.149in and they seem to be fine in my Shadow 2 and Canik SFX also my AR9s. I have been loading 147FN Bayou's with that same load but would like to go to a RN bullet. Any one else have experience with Acme??

Note: I did not PW them!!

Edited by JDIllon

• 5 years later...
On 9/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, JDIllon said:

I tried 100 of the Acme 145RN with 3gn of Tite Group OAL 1.149in and they seem to be fine in my Shadow 2 and Canik SFX also my AR9s. I have been loading 147FN Bayou's with that same load but would like to go to a RN bullet. Any one else have experience with Acme??

I am using ACME 145 RN. 3.1 g of Sport pistol. OAL 1.145. ES-5, SD-2. 129 PF in Canik SFX. They shoot well with easily manageable recoil. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 6:32 AM, JDIllon said:

Bayou makes a 145gr round nose