Shooting First in squad....

WaJim

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/4/2018 at 10:24 AM, WaJim said:

At the State match this past weekend a conversation with a buddy of mine.

The guy that gets to shoot the stage first gets kinda screwed on stage walk/planning.

If you shoot second or any other spot you get the stage to yourself for that brief period of time that the stage is being reset from the previous shooter.

Shooting first...this alone time isn't available.

Maybe change the 5 minute stage walk to 4 minutes 30 seconds....so first shooter can walk the stage alone 30 seconds?

Thoughts?

Seriously? This level of minutiae is kind of surprising. Just shoot when it is your turn. It ain't that difficult. Lol. Said in jest and love, brother!

• 1 month later...

My last name starts with B so i am used to this phenomenon.  I am used to it and don't worry about it anymore.  I just wish some matches would change it up and go in reverse alphabetical order once in awhile...but if i am first i get plenty of time on the rest of the stages.

If the RO’s don’t call the first 1-3 shooters forward to the front of the queue just before the the walk through starts then usually I or one of the other competitors will.

The rest of the competitors now know who they are and I have yet to see anyone object when the first couple of shooters on a stage finish a walk through and then ask to cut to the front of the queue again and start another walk through.

Common courtesy really and as they say, what goes around comes around. 

Edited by my00wrx1

27 minutes ago, S&W686 said:

I have gotten to were I like to be the first shooter in a match.  After I get the first stage out of the way I relax much better through out the rest of the match.

Happens to me all the time, so i agree...get the first stage out of the way and then at the end for the rest of the match.