Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

E2 grip on the way!

Broncman

Less than 2 weeks from the NC and TN state matches, tired of fighting magazine ejection issues with STI plastic grip.

I tuned my 2 STI mags and thought I had cured it.

When getting really aggressive on mag changes I sometimes have mags that do not fall out. Thought it was just the STI mags. Been running about 300 Rds of live fire 3 times a week practicing core skills. Noticed it doing mag change practice.

I  can duplicate the grip squeeze and cause every mag I have to drag! MBX And STI. 

So the E2 is on the way!

When I would roll the gun in my hand to reach the mag release, my finger tips all end up in the middle of the front strap area. Enough pressure to deform the middle of the front strap and mash it into the magazine.

Dykem'd all my mags today. The drop free with no marks, till I squeeze....

Will post up pics of the fitting and finish when it gets here.

What area did you have to redo?

The E2 tunnel was a little narrow, even for a stock STI, just a few minutes on both sides with a safe side file.

I had to reduce the height of the XLine a little as well.

One other area that is slightly different is the curvature of the front trigger guard. I am having to reshape my Double Alpha holster to fit this area.

Over all, it fit into my CK Frame with zero issues. Nice and tight.

IMG_20180911_074313290_HDR-800x600.jpg

Edited by Broncman

3 hours ago, Broncman said:

What area did you have to redo?

The E2 tunnel was a little narrow, even for a stock STI, just a few minutes on both sides with a safe side file.

I had to reduce the height of the XLine a little as well.

One other area that is slightly different is the curvature of the front trigger guard. I am having to reshape my Double Alpha holster to fit this area.

Over all, it fit into my CK Frame with zero issues. Nice and tight.

IMG_20180911_074313290_HDR-800x600.jpg

The and bottom had to be taken down pretty significantly to fit my standard CK metal grip.