Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stern Defense

Was lucky enough to shoot the Lucas Oil PCC match. Was a great match ( except the poker chips ). even with my less than stellar shooting I picked a Stern Defense mag well insert put in one of lowers and the boss at TACCOM made me a upper and barrel ( 14 inch tension barrel with the new brake ) and the thing runs great with multiple kinds of ammo.

Big thanks to the people at Sterns for supporting our sport.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the magwell adapter and it has been rock solid and completely reliable.  Only issue I ever got was a failure to lock back, but it was only on one mag so it's most likely an issue with that mag/follower.  Even the mag release button for me isn't a problem getting used to.  My only wish is that it came with a more beveled/flared magwell opening for quicker mag changes.  I'm sometimes limited to 10-rd mags here in my state, so mag changes aren't quite as quick as on my DLD 9mm-native lower.  That 9mm lower doesn't have LRBHO, though.  Very impressed how well this thing has worked from the get-go.  A bit pricey, but a worthwhile investment.

Edited by MoRivera
  • 11 months later...

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I just pulled the trigger on a Stern Defense magwell adapter myself.

Here in Canada, the AR-15 is a restricted firearm and instead of forking out for dedicated lower I figure my initial foray into PCC would be via repurposing an existing and registered lower receiver I already have.

After viewing and reading a boatload of reviews on the magwell adapter I sensed it was enough to least bite the bullet and give it go.