Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320x5 Carry Optics

Bryamill

I’m considering moving over to CO in the next few months. I know that the Romeo 1 fits in the cutout on the X5 and SP makes adapter plates for a few other optics now. Is the Romeo 1 the obvious choice because of the fit, or is it worth the extra height to mount an RMR or something other than the Romeo? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Max M shot at our club this weekend after he did a couple day shooting clinic in the area.

He suggested the 6moa Romeo1 

He's using the Romeo3.

the "but" is he wants some changes made to it (Romeo 3) for slide mounted use.

Don't know what they will be, he just kinda smiled when asked about that!!

I just opened my RX up to fit a Leupold DPP in the cut out

Thanks! The Romeo 1 seems like the easiest path. It’s good to hear that you are happy with yours, Rocket. Max’s recommendation doesn’t hurt either! I was debating between the 6 moa and the 3 moa. Sounds like the 6 moa is the ticket. 

I’m running a Burris FF3 on a springer adapter plate on my X5, very good fit and totally rock solid, however the adapter plate does take a little fitting. Less than 30 mins going slow with a file and checking the fit often, but it does work perfect. 

I went this this route mainly because the X5 was a new platform for me, coming from CZ’s, wanted to make sure I liked it enough, and I already had the Burris on another gun. Gonna be looking at the 6moa Romeo 1 when they become a little more available most likely. 

Thanks everyone! I think I'll give the Romeo 1 6 MOA a try. It appears to be available now in several places. Is it usually not? I was planning on ordering in another month or so, but if it's usually hard to find, I may go ahead and grab it. 

13 minutes ago, Bryamill said:

Thanks everyone! I think I'll give the Romeo 1 6 MOA a try. It appears to be available now in several places. Is it usually not? I was planning on ordering in another month or so, but if it's usually hard to find, I may go ahead and grab it. 

It may be more available now. When I got my X5 earlier this year they were very hard to find. Haven’t been looking real hard lately since the Burris is working so well. Only wanting to try a bigger (than 3moa) dot, otherwise I would just stay with what I’ve got. 

I went ahead and ordered one a couple hours ago.  When I checked the link this morning it said 12 available. When I placed my order it said 8 available. Now its at seven, guess they are selling pretty good. 

7 minutes ago, dave33 said:

I went ahead and ordered one a couple hours ago.  When I checked the link this morning it said 12 available. When I placed my order it said 8 available. Now its at seven, guess they are selling pretty good. 

Ordered. Now there are 6.

23 hours ago, Jeff_Alan said:

I have had the 3moa and the 6. Like the 6moa much better. I have heard that the Romeo 3 might be coming out in a 6moa? Which the R3 resembles a RTS2.

This "rumor" has a high likelihood of being true!! ?

Does the Romeo 3 mount directly to the X5 or does it need an adapter plate?

You don't hear too much about them compared to the R1. 

Edited by ddc
here = hear (lol)

46 minutes ago, ddc said:

Does the Romeo 3 mount directly to the X5 or does it need an adapter plate?

You don't here too much about them compared to the R1. 

It has to have an adapter plate, which adds even more weight 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, Bryamill said:

Ordered. Now there are 6.

Just got an email from optics planet that my order has shipped.  Never ordered from them before and was a little hesitant from reading reports about them taking forever to ship, but not too bad on this one.  

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you that have used the Romeo 1, in 3 MOA, and 6 MOA, can you tell me if the dot is any brighter on the 6 MOA?

I'm a little color blind, and am having issues on bright days, with both my Romeo1, and Romeo3, with 3 MOA dots.

I prefer the Romeo 3, with the adapter plate, because of the larger window, and it sits high enough that I'm not seeing the front sight at the same time.

I'm right-handed, and left eye dominant, so I NEED to see the target through the glass, and with the Romeo 1, it blocks some of the view.

I'm not colorblind, however, there were days with my ddp that I would occasionally have problems picking up the dot.  This wasn't a need more dry fire thing.  Just switched yesterday to a 6moa Romeo 1 and after 1k rounds no issues.  

A couple of things.  I was worried about the glass size and the fact it sits a little lower than my ddp with the plate, but I picked right up where I left off and not once while shooting did I notice the size of the window.  Made a big difference 

5 hours ago, RH45 said:

For those of you that have used the Romeo 1, in 3 MOA, and 6 MOA, can you tell me if the dot is any brighter on the 6 MOA?

I'm a little color blind, and am having issues on bright days, with both my Romeo1, and Romeo3, with 3 MOA dots.

I prefer the Romeo 3, with the adapter plate, because of the larger window, and it sits high enough that I'm not seeing the front sight at the same time.

I'm right-handed, and left eye dominant, so I NEED to see the target through the glass, and with the Romeo 1, it blocks some of the view.

The 6 MOA is significantly brighter. Much better and easier to pick up especially outside. You won’t be disappointed 

21 hours ago, RH45 said:

A bit off topic but why does the right handed left eye make you look through the optic  instead of at the target?