Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nobel Sport 9 1/2

B_RAD

This is looking to be a really good powder!  I've only shot it in 9mm but it's very accurate out of my glock 34 with 124 gr Xtreme @ 1.140" with 4.1 gr. 

I chronod 30 rnds and got an avg 1028 fps with a SD of 10. That's 127 pf. 

I'm gonna bump it up to 4.3 to get above 130 pf.

No complaints. I'm gonna try blue bullets in the next few weeks. But with plated I'm seeing no smoke. Meters great!  Seems clean but honestly I never pay much attention to that. Impulse seems gtg but I never pay much attention to that either. Though, I can tell a difference between it and TG. 9 1/2 is cleaner and less snappy than TG.

Thought, I'd pass along the info. Don't see much about it but I plan on buying more.  

I got a lb of 9.5 to try out when I came across a deal on free hazmat on 4 lb purchase, actually took the opportunity to try it, sport pistol, Win 244, and VV N330.  Honestly I like it as good or better than any of the others.  Meters like water, good impulse, clean, and consistent.  It easily does everything I want a powder to do for a minor 9mm load.  I will strongly consider it next time I do a large powder order.  The only possible downside is availability, as other powders are a little easier to find.

Your data sounds about right to me, 4 gr was a comfortable minor load with 124gr coated lead for me.

I checked it out a while back, and it seems like a good powder.  Mostly been using Prima V and Prima SV.  It metered well, gave good accuracy and pretty much checked all the boxes.  Still, just like with PV and PSV, I had hard time trying to get myself to settle on it due to possible availability issues.  Currently checking out Sport Pistol as a possible go-to powder.

20 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I'm gonna try blue bullets in the next few weeks.

if you want to try Acme... Discount code "54730" saves 10%.  The 145 grain round nose are sweet and the 124gr has a new narrow nose profile.

the code benefits the youth shooting team our club sponsors.  Kids from grade school thru high school.  

13 minutes ago, johnbu said:

if you want to try Acme... Discount code "54730" saves 10%.  The 145 grain round nose are sweet and the 124gr has a new narrow nose profile.

the code benefits the youth shooting team our club sponsors.  Kids from grade school thru high school.  

Awesome!  Thanks!  I've always like acme!  

I use 4.3gn of Vectan 9.5 with a Bayou 124 @1.130.  Last time I chrono'ed a few weeks ago it was 133PF.  This was out of a Stock 2.

FYI...I had some loaded at a 127 PF.  I really coudln't tell a difference between those and the 133 PF rounds.

Edited by oddjob

• 3 weeks later...