Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
chase214

73 eld

Anybody tried 73gr eld with vvn140.

Or any other bullets with n140

Anybody tried 73gr eld with vvn140. Or any other bullets with n140  

I don't know N140, but Varget is right next to N140 on the Hornady burn chart. I got good accuracy and low SDs with a max load of Varget and the 73 ELD (1.5 inch @ 200 yards, 2630 fps) 

It could be worth a try if you can find data

There's a video on YouTube a guy was using n140 and 8208 but I wanted to see what others thoughts . I try to research the crap out of loads cause it's an hour to the closest range 

shot a .431” 5 shot group with Faxon Pencil barreled AR. Front and rear bags at 100 yards. 21.9 gr of 8208. 73 gr elds. LC brass. ~ 2.250” oal. Processed on a 650. Avg 2515 FPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shot it with 8208 up to 2670 FPS out of an 18" tube.  Accuracy was OK but not as good as the Hornady 75 gr BTHP, or the Sierra 77 TMK.

I have not spent any real time building loads with these, but did load up a few in cases already charged for 77gr SMKs. They were running around 70fps faster than the SMKs (2820 for the ELD) with no pressure signs in 8208. With their BC and cost, there's a lot of potential here if I can get them to shoot.