Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Juice Pistol Case Lube

limitedgun

Just got it in this morning and I had to load some ammo anyway (convenient). Put it on the 40 cal brass before I dumped it in the 650 hopper and went to work. Remarkable difference from One Shot. Looking forward to trying the case wash, but the amount of info on the web for using it is pretty pathetic. Will hopefully know how it works tomorrow afternoon. 

I would not use it as a cologne, but it has a good minty smell. It is not sticky or slimy. Loaded Saturday with no wipe down or tumbling. Used in a match yesterday with no crap at all on my fingers.

As to whether it is worth the price, I will say heck ya. I am need of a right shoulder surgery desperately, but it is shooting season. I use a Redding push through die for 40 brass before I load, and it is definitely less effort on my Rock Chucker doing that process. I may be able to do even 1000 at a sitting now. I am mixing up the Brass Juice case wash right now to test. Will try to post before and after.

These are after 1 hour and 20 minutes in a bucket with Brass Juice Case Wash. I mixed 1.25 ounces to a gallon of tap water. I agitated by spinning the bucket every 20 minutes. I will definitely be using this in the cement mixer. Best I've ever seen. 29a495ae6e589af7288d7c6843caca36.jpg34bd9082dcbad4e1bb5f45e3f9a23f73.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Edited by limitedgun

The inside looks great. This is not bench rest ammo so it is not deprimed. I guess I must not be sure what clean enough is to load, fire, and leave laying on a range. I just try to keep from scratching my 30 plus year old carbide dies. Seems to have worked so far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A good experiment would be to replace the Dawn with an equal amount of the case cleaner and run in a stainless pin tumbler for the same amount of time as normally used.  I get good results with the pins and don't want to buy the case cleaner just for an experiment.  Perhaps someone with both the tumbler and the cleaner would try a batch ???  I can't see how it would hurt the brass as using both methods by themselves doesn't, but who knows ??

Ive used this recently as a recommendation from a friend as pins are not needed and I'm throughly impressed. The insides of the cases were really clean after 3 hrs in a Frankfort wet tumbler. I bought a gallon of the cleaner and they gave me a small sample spray bottle of their case lube and I believe it works better than one shot. It has a minty smell to it as well and no sticky residue. 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:06 AM, HI5-O said:

Just ordered some case lube and they have really good shipping rates.

Delivered yesterday via USPS First Class. Fast response and shipping (cheap too). Now to load and see if it is better than what I use now. 

Ill leave the brass juice lub to you guys. Hornaday One Shot works fine for me.

Regarding pins....totally unnecessary and a PITA. A tumbler with cheap dish washing detergent and cheap water surface tension reducer  used for dish washers will make brass look completely new. Pins are a waste of time.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:09 AM, Brooke said:

Ill leave the brass juice lub to you guys. Hornaday One Shot works fine for me.

Regarding pins....totally unnecessary and a PITA. A tumbler with cheap dish washing detergent and cheap water surface tension reducer  used for dish washers will make brass look completely new. Pins are a waste of time.

Have you tried the Brass Juice? I am in desperate need of a shoulder surgery and it has made a tremendous difference in the number of rounds I can load in a session. Been using One Shot over 20 years. No more.

• 3 months later...

I've been using brass juice tumbling wash. It's had impressive results. They offered me a free bottle of the case lube when I received my order as it had leaked out in the box it was shipped in. Seems like a good company to me. I have used the wash solution 3 times without degraded performance. Not sure about after that.

• 1 month later...

I’m getting so tired of tumbling loaded ammo to get the Dillon lube off. Ordering some of this stuff today and going to try it. If you all say no sticky residue and no need to tumble after it sounds great already. 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:51 AM, limitedgun said:

I would not use it as a cologne, but it has a good minty smell. It is not sticky or slimy. Loaded Saturday with no wipe down or tumbling. Used in a match yesterday with no crap at all on my fingers.

As to whether it is worth the price, I will say heck ya. I am need of a right shoulder surgery desperately, but it is shooting season. I use a Redding push through die for 40 brass before I load, and it is definitely less effort on my Rock Chucker doing that process. I may be able to do even 1000 at a sitting now. I am mixing up the Brass Juice case wash right now to test. Will try to post before and after.

Hmm minty fresh smell.  Maybe someone found another use for Frog Lube LOL!