Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 Blue bullets

Dasniper

This may not mean anything to other sig owners but I slugged one of my barrels on a full size p-320 and it slugged at .3563 so I started using.357 bullets in it got better Es and sd#'s with some improvement with accuracy.

Edited by Dwbsig

On 9/2/2018 at 3:12 PM, Dwbsig said:

This may not mean anything to other sig owners but I slugged one of my barrels on a full size p-320 and it slugged at .3563 so I started using.357 bullets in it got better Es and sd#'s with some improvement with accuracy.

This.  when i changed to .357 135gr bullets my groups got better and SD/ES improved SIGnificantly.  I also have a cleaner barrel than i did even shooting .356.  I see no reason to shoot anything else.

12 minutes ago, Dasniper said:

@DsWright what are you using for powder, gr, oal.  Are you shooting a x5. Do you know the PF. 

@Dasniper X5, Manufactured april this year.  3.5 Titegroup, 1.135 OAL.  1093 avg FPS, ES 5, SD 2 from same headstamp brass, 5 shot string.  after those numbers i didn't feel the need to keep going.  this puts me @147 power factor, which is higher than most like.  But it is super consistent and super accurate with this recipe. 

i could probably play with OAL and drop to 3.4 or 3.3 and drop that some, but don't feel the need to.  With this load the gun cycles fast, and is not snappy, i can very easily keep the 6MOA romeo dot in the window with this.

Also the .357 show land/groove marks clearly on recovered lead, the .356 was super light but visible.

Edit: For the record i shoot this out of mixed brass for matches, i only sort by headstamp for load development to reduce variables.

Edited by DsWright
adding brass info.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm assuming you guys are all talking about 320 X5's.  I don't have one of those, but here's my data for an X5 Allround with a barrel that slugged to 0.3565":

125gr Blue Bullet (0.356")

3.6gr Titegroup

1.08" OAL (I load short so they also fit my wife's PPQ)

Winchester WSP

Mixed Brass

20 rounds

Avg Vel = 1056 fps

ES = 38

Sd = 8

PF = 132

Before I started using the Blue Bullets, I was using Ibejihead 124gr at 0.357".  I had asked Nathan at Blue Bullets whether he recommended I use their 0.355" 9mm/.38 Super, or their 0.358" .38/.357 bullets, since my barrel slugged to 0.3565".  He recommended sticking with the 9mm.

For comparison, here is the load data for the Ibejiheads:

124gr Ibejihead (0.357")

3.6gr Titegroup

1.08" OAL

Federal #100 SPP

Mixed Brass

20 rounds

Avg Vel = 1067

ES = 55

Sd = 12

PF = 132

• 9 months later...

Hello: My P320X5 did not like the blue bullets for accuracy so I switched to 147 Acme bullets which it did not like also. I am shooting 135 Acme and the accuracy is much better. Going to try some Gallant 125's this week. I am also going to load back out to 1.135-1.140" OAL as well. I have been loading to 1.115" and having zero problems with my reloads. Thanks, Eric