Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Pullers

13 hours ago, hiflyer51 said:

+1

I just got the Quinetics bullet puller, it is much , much faster than the other inertial bullet pullers. As said u don't have to take it apart between rounds, just loosen cap about a 1/4 turn and dump bullet, case and powder into a funnel over a cup. Powder goes into the cup, bullet and case else where. Put the next bullet in , 1/4 - 1/2 turn to tighten and repeat.

I just checked, and Quinetics still hasn't updated their video.  I sent them an email making the obvious suggestion that they do so.  I've been using mine for three years and it has worked great.  Sometimes I pull a container of range ammo picked up off the ground, about 100 or so, and it goes quickly.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, BiknSwans said:

I just checked, and Quinetics still hasn't updated their video.  I sent them an email making the obvious suggestion that they do so.  I've been using mine for three years and it has worked great.  Sometimes I pull a container of range ammo picked up off the ground, about 100 or so, and it goes quickly.

Agree. I read all the hype about how much easier etc only to watch the video show it working exactly the same as every other hammer

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Agree. I read all the hype about how much easier etc only to watch the video show it working exactly the same as every other hammer

Yes, this is the same as any kinetic puller I have used. Don't see a benefit.

39 minutes ago, MNJoel said:

Holy crap, never heard of that before! Pretty amazing.... thanks!

I bought one and returned it. It would NOT pull a coated 9mm bullet without destroying the coating. And typically failed to even budge

so a buddy and had to pull 2200 rounds that he'd loaded on my automatic machine, with zero powder being dispensed. (yes he's a dummy lol). And that burned out the collet in my Quinetics puller about half way through. We then went to the older style collet that I had sitting around and it was frustrating. We looked at how we could do the same thing with those old collets and the O-ring around them, but couldn't get a good staking mark on the collet. Instead, I grabbed my super glue and activator, and glued the O-ring into place on the collet and cut it one spot. Boom, works exactly the same as the Quinetics. I already had the shim plate installed too, so it works just awesome. We hammered out those rounds super quick after that. He did order me some replacement collets though, which Canada post promptly lost, waiting on the replacements for those now. 

• 6 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 1:21 AM, slavex said:

so a buddy and had to pull 2200 rounds that he'd loaded on my automatic machine, with zero powder being dispensed. (yes he's a dummy lol). And that burned out the collet in my Quinetics puller about half way through. We then went to the older style collet that I had sitting around and it was frustrating. We looked at how we could do the same thing with those old collets and the O-ring around them, but couldn't get a good staking mark on the collet. Instead, I grabbed my super glue and activator, and glued the O-ring into place on the collet and cut it one spot. Boom, works exactly the same as the Quinetics. I already had the shim plate installed too, so it works just awesome. We hammered out those rounds super quick after that. He did order me some replacement collets though, which Canada post promptly lost, waiting on the replacements for those now. 

Well that definitely beats my 125 rounds loaded without primers…

I like my berry bullet puller. it works best with solid metal  shell holders instead of the rubber banded ones  supplied. and of  course  it is best to whack them on cement  nothing less hard.

this is slow  but reliable

good luck Sarge

Edited by boatdoc173

FA Pile Driver.

I normally use a Hornady cam lock collet puller in a Lee breach lock single stage press. Recently I had to pull 200 9mm rounds loaded short and an inertia puller was the only option. The Pile Driver has mixed reviews, but i bought one anyway from Midway for $40. It works really well. Much faster than hammer type puller. It is loud, so ear pro is suggested.