Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Razor

RAINY0DAYS

I killed my 6 moa Razor on my open gun two times, each time it was on the first or second stage.  Vortex fixed it the first time then sent me a brand new one.  Love the optic but think open may be a little too much for the optic.  I know guys who are running them on their open guns and no problems.  Just my experience love the optic.

I killed my 6 moa Razor on my open gun two times, each time it was on the first or second stage.  Vortex fixed it the first time then sent me a brand new one.  Love the optic but think open may be a little too much for the optic.  I know guys who are running them on their open guns and no problems.  Just my experience love the optic.

What where you doing to kill it? I am curious about this. Thinking about getting into CO and looking at Vortex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you move to?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I tried the Razor and agree that an Open gun was more than it could handle. I talked to Vortex, sent it back twice, even tried piece of rubber band under battery contact. It just kept shutting down.  I put that Razor on a 1919 shotgun and it’s been fine for several months. Went to DPP for pistols.

I tried the Razor and agree that an Open gun was more than it could handle. I talked to Vortex, sent it back twice, even tried piece of rubber band under battery contact. It just kept shutting down.  I put that Razor on a 1919 shotgun and it’s been fine for several months. Went to DPP for pistols.
Reliability aside, how do the two compare?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

i have been wanting to try it on my open gun, especially since its the same mount pattern as rts 2, and havent heard any problems with it till now. i know kolby uses one in open and has no issues. as far as the sight goes, i use it on a 45 on my cobalt rifle and it is amazing. made it through hard as hell no problems and a few local matches so far