Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Sporting Matches

Lexor40cal

So I'm transitioning into the shotgun sports, a little over USPSA, thinking of giving it a good break, figure out if I miss it too much or not.

I have the USPSA Open Nationals planned, will run that and step away for a bit.

I've picked up my O/U shotgun and played sporting clays a few times,  shot an AWTF event down at the Meadows in Forsyth GA., shot a few informal Trap events and my first ATA event at my gun club (CGC) this past weekend.

What else is there to shoot in the shogun world?

Annie Oakley events are fun with some money on the line. Sporting and 5 stand is what I mostly shoot now. Been shooting trap off and on for 6 years. If your club throws a flurry type of game, that’s the most fun. We can set up 8 traps and program a menu to throw up to 75 Targets with a set amount of time in between. 

No, flurry is more of a fun, fast paced game. In flurry trap, the trapper holds down the fire button, and targets come out every 2-3 seconds. We usually have a team of two shooting 20 targets while only

loading one shell at a time. You have to load quick. 

For sporting clays, we set up a 5 stand and have one, two, or three shooters. Basically the same as trap except that you load two shells and we have the targets thrown from 6-8 different traps every 3-4 seconds. You would need one of the mtx8 or similar controllers from ez pull Inc. 

• 5 years later...

If you are not a humble person, wobble trap will turn you into one. You have to be fast, because you might get a lazy lofting clay one time, and a zinger of a daisy-cutter the next. Shooting clay sports is quite fun. I happen to be blessed with the Tucson Trap and Skeet club 1 hour from me. But mix it up. Shoot different games on different weekends. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2023 at 7:38 PM, JoeInTucson said:

If you are not a humble person, wobble trap will turn you into one. You have to be fast, because you might get a lazy lofting clay one time, and a zinger of a daisy-cutter the next. Shooting clay sports is quite fun. I happen to be blessed with the Tucson Trap and Skeet club 1 hour from me. But mix it up. Shoot different games on different weekends. 

Ben Avery is a much better place to shoot. This coming from a TT&S ex-member.