Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick Tip for LOK Palmswell Grips

thegeneric

I really didn't like the stock grips that came with my CZ Shadow II, decided to order LOK grips because it seemed that was the most popular choice.

The stock grips were perfect for my strong hand (trigger placement in double action), but my support hand felt like it wasn't touching as much as the frame/grip as I wanted. I was still nervous about choosing the palm swell option because I wear medium sized gloves but have very meaty paws (I swing a hammer for a living).

Got the palm swells in and confirmed my fear: my right index finger did not reach comfortably in double action. I was thinking I had to order the non palm swells and use the thin grip panel on the right side and palm swell on the left. Felt bummed about the fact that I'd end up spending $140ish on two sets of grips just to find the right fit. Woke up this morning and realized the G10 material really lends itself to shaping. Went slow with a file and checked my finger placement along the way multiple times. Now they're perfect and probably a better fit than just the non-palmswells.

I apologize if this is an obvious and common practice, but hopefully this helps if you aren't sure about the palmswell option. Attached some photos for reference.

https://imgur.com/a/NRSRaXn

https://imgur.com/a/eDOp0iQ

Edited by thegeneric

You could have emailed or called LOK and have him custom make you one in the thickness you wanted. That’s what I did on mine. The thickness I wanted was between the palm swell and thin and they were perfect for my hands.

2 hours ago, George16 said:

You could have emailed or called LOK and have him custom make you one in the thickness you wanted. That’s what I did on mine. The thickness I wanted was between the palm swell and thin and they were perfect for my hands.

Possibly, but I couldn't really have known what size to ask for without a reference point.