Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dedicated PCC load

So, since I dove into this pool a few days ago, I've read many threads and I've gathered that my 147 BBI bullets are gonna  cause me some issues with the GMR-15 comp.  I cleaned it today with less than 200 rounds down the tube and there is already buildup on the comp.  Not to mention that it might be better to tailor a load specifically for my carbine.  I've been pointed towards RMR 124 grain jacketed hollow points.  TJ told me today (through his FBI girlfriend) that he shoots 124s with 3.6 grain of Titegroup through his GMR-15.  Maybe this is the way to go??  And worth the trouble having two powder throws??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: I am shooting 3.1 grains Tite Group with 124 Extremes at 1.140" OAL. Your JP will need a little more powder to make the 131-134PF that I shoot. Going to try some new powder next week to see if it shoots a little softer and maybe a bit cleaner. No buildup on a couple of comps I have tried including my own comp. The 124's is an accurate bullet in the JP and is the best for USPSA pistol matches that I have tried. With the longer barrel it tends to burn or wear off the coatings on coated bullets. I have tried a couple of different coated bullets in the AR9 and it is smokey and leaves lead and coating in the comp. I really like Tite Group but someone gave me this other powder to try. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

If you plan to shoot a lot of PCC then I'd say it's worth it to have two loads.  I find myself in the same predicament.  Didn't like how 125's felt with the PCC, so I started using 115s which I prefer in the rifle.  Prefer 125's for Production.   

39 minutes ago, 1911luvr said:

Sport Pistol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may be a bit off topic but it fits close enough. I have a brand spanking new pound of Power Pistol. Has anyone come up with a decent 115gr load that doesn't beat the s**t out of you? There doesn't seem to be much load data and what I have found is not very encouraging, just thought I would ask.

1 hour ago, blaster113 said:

If you plan to shoot a lot of PCC then I'd say it's worth it to have two loads.  I find myself in the same predicament.  Didn't like how 125's felt with the PCC, so I started using 115s which I prefer in the rifle.  Prefer 125's for Production.   

Whar’s your load for 115s?

i’m thinking of switching to 115 (Berry’s) . The recommendation I was given was 4.3gr of TiteGroup, Winchester SPP, 1.15 OAL 

50 minutes ago, mitommy said:

i’m thinking of switching to 115 (Berry’s) . The recommendation I was given was 4.3gr of TiteGroup, Winchester SPP, 1.15 OAL 

3.0gr Clays, 3.5gr Universal, 5.0gr IMR 4756. I just checked all three last Saturday with my chronograph. All three are nice to shoot and pass the popper test: knock down a pepper popper at 50yds. All were also around a 130ish pf. Also I am using an Xtreme 115gr RN bullet.

I didn't try any on paper at distance but all would work just fine for a club match or better. I would not be the least bit nervous to have any of them chrono checked at a match.

For the Lucas Oil match next year we will up it a little, I saw a few videos of the poker chip targets. A VERY flat trajectory would be desirable in that situation!

Edited by SJMPCC022
add content
2 hours ago, SJMPCC022 said:

This may be a bit off topic but it fits close enough. I have a brand spanking new pound of Power Pistol. Has anyone come up with a decent 115gr load that doesn't beat the s**t out of you? There doesn't seem to be much load data and what I have found is not very encouraging, just thought I would ask.

I love my all purpose load of 5.5gr Power Pistol under a plated 115 out of my PCC's. 

Power Pistol disproves the statements to the effect of "comps/brakes don't work on 9mm PCC's because no matter what powder you use it is burned in 10 inches".  I see flames in the ports of my brakes on a 16" barrel, even with that light 5.5gr load. 

I’m pretty impressed with the Everglades plated 125s. 

Ran them for the first time in our match on Sunday. Grouped well at 25yd:

Gun ran great with them:

And even blasting them along at 148 power factor (3.78 prima V = 1191 fps ?) the plating was no issue; zero crud in my comp after 200 rounds.

With my 125 BBI load, I used a carbide burr in a dremel to carve six whole grams of lead out of the comp after about 2,000 rounds. That mess was like concrete, a screwdriver and hammer were the only other things that made a dent.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
13 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Not Sport Pistol but Lovex DO37 Clean Shot. I will see how it does next week. Thanks, Eric

I have been using the Clean Shot for 9mm lately because it is supposed to be the "old Accurate #2"  which I have shot Lbs. of in the past. It is nice and fine so it meters well and I have been real happy with it so far shooting 124 Blues and some Acme 150's. I just got my PCC up and running and been using the 124 Blue bullet with 3.6 grs. of the CS and that gets me a 132 PF out of my PCC.   

You all have gone the heavier bullet way. Tried 124's & 147's. Didn't like the recoil/pulse.  I went light 98gr & 100gr. Problem I had was I could never get them to load straight on my Dillon 650 so I went with 115gr Everglades plated RN with 3.1grs Titegroup @ 1.12. Made just over PF. Really like this load & the pulse/red dot movement. I have loaded them as low as 2.9 grs for falling steel matches. Very soft & accurate. Might just be the way my PCC is set up.

I have tried Blue Bullets and SNS Casting & both loaded up my comp with lead. Plated are accurate & clean, no leading.

gerritm

I prefer the 124gr bullet. My current load is a 124 RN SNS coated bullet with 3.7gr of TG. I like the snappy recoil impulse lower charges make the gun feel sluggish. I will be switching to a plated bullet though because I am having a problem with leading. I think that high of a charge TG is burning the coating off. 

17 hours ago, mitommy said:

I'm using up 4lbs of Vectan Ba 9.5 that I bought to try out.  Current load is a Precision Delta 115 gr FMJ with 4.2 grains of Ba 9.5, WSP primers, 1.125 or so oal.  Recoil impulse is quick with almost virtually no muzzle rise with PF around 135+ or so.  4.0 grains gave me 131 pf so i went up to 4.2.  Still have to chrono.  With 115 gr BBIs I had to load real short; 1.090 for reliable feeding.  4.0 grains and BBIs gave me close to 140pf so I dropped the load down to 3.9 grains.

My only complaint is the powder leaves this sand like s#!t all in the action and trigger group, kinda like what Silhouette leaves behind.  Once I use up this powder I'm moving on to Titegroup, 231 or N320. 

Because my normal pistol load leads up my comp badly, I had already resigned myself to two different loads.  My current PCC load with Blue Bullets won't even make minor in my Production gun.  I tested some of the 124gr RMR Matchwinners because I still get minor leading in the comp with the reduced load and coated bullets.  3.6gr Titegroup and an OAL of 1.08" (loaded short to also fit my wife's PPQ) with the RMR's gave me a 133 PF with a SD of 16 over 20 shots (Nordic 16" barrel).

Edited by JAFO

Zero 147 grain JHP

4.0 grains of VV N340

1.150" OAL

Barrels: 14"  MBX with welded comp (what a great barrel!!!)

16" Rock River R9 Stainless barrel with an MBX compensator

7.5 " Rock River barrel

If you want any accuracy beyond 20 yards, you need to use bullets that have a long bearing surface. At short range 115 or 124 work okay  but move back to 50 yards and they look like shotgun patterns.

If you are trying to reduce recoil, twist, or snappy feeling, use a Spikes heavy buffer or the Q buffer. These buffers along with a Wolff XP buffer spring really make a difference.

Not sure what your talking about 2 throws but I have 2 PCC loads.

1 for BB 125 practice and 1 for PD 124 match.

Haven't had any leading issues with BB in my JP GMR15 but then I spray my comp down with lube before practice and take brake cleaner to it after.

Edited by hitman
10 minutes ago, hitman said:

Not sure what your talking about 2 throws but I have 2 PCC loads.

1 for BB 125 practice and 1 for PD 124 match.

Haven't had any leading issues with BB in my JP GMR15 but then I spray my comp down with lube before practice and take brake cleaner to it after.

Having to change your powder drop when you switch between your pistol load and PCC load.