Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock G19 Sight Upgrades

mattmd1

On September 4, 2018 at 5:59 PM, zipper046 said:

Sights are personal.  I've run numerous types...Fiber optics, 3-dot white dot sights, square notch rears, U-notch rears, Trijicon night sights, etc.  I'm partial to night sights, as that is what is on my duty issued weapon and I'm used to them, and I like a traditional square notch rear.  I tried the U-notch...they are good for quick target acquistion, as they have a bit more room to see the target around the front sight....BUT, I found myself burying the front sight lower into the U-notch and pushing my shots down.  

As for brand....I  settled on Ameriglo.  Their outlines around the tritium vials are better constructed by Trijicon (they use white paint and Ameriglo uses PVC type material that lasts longer and doesn't flake off), the sight bodies are steel and hold up, and they are a tad less expensive than Trijicon and use Trijicon tritium.

As for style....I settled on the "straight eight" type of sights....dot-over-dot....single dot on front sight, and single dot in the middle of the rear sight

As for model.....the Ameriglo Pro iDot works best for me.  The front ring around the tritium vial is green in color and glows when hit with light (photo-phosphorescent) and the dot-over-dot is very quick upon sight acquisition and it's decent for precise shot placement.  

For me....Ameriglo Pro i-Dot's are what I now run on my CCW G19 and I run "straight eight" style sights on my Dan Wesson CCO.  

I was wondering if anyone was going to mention Ameriglo sights.  I have used the Hackathorn version (on a G19) which are great to about 15 yds at speed for A-zone hits, but really slow for upper panels.  Have you found the I-Dots to be faster for tight shots?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like my TTI sights on my G34.  Quality is great.  They even use a SS screw for the front sight that helps make the fiber glow a little more.  It's the little things that add up.