Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gun rifle ammo selection 200+ yards

RangerTrace

Hey buddy! You know the rifle groups, you know you can group it to test the zero. You don't need an 8x, take that money and buy more of that great Federal ammo and practice, get off the bench, learn field positions, shoot a lot of off hand, and in general just shoot as much as you can...(I know you don't have much time). A little all the time is much better a than a lot every once in great while. In no time you will be doing great!

1 hour ago, kurtm said:

Hey buddy! You know the rifle groups, you know you can group it to test the zero. You don't need an 8x, take that money and buy more of that great Federal ammo and practice, get off the bench, learn field positions, shoot a lot of off hand, and in general just shoot as much as you can...(I know you don't have much time). A little all the time is much better a than a lot every once in great while. In no time you will be doing great!

Thanks Kurt!!

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2018 at 9:28 AM, kurtm said:

Many a match has been won with a rifle/ammo combo that only is capable of 2 M.O.A. If your under that, and it is reliable, and the best part is that it is cheaper too, you win!!!

On a side note, I really can't figure out why anyone would say Federal A.E. is junk! For the last 5 years I have used the 55 grian A.E. ball ammo for most every match I have shot, and I am not unhappy with it's performance or consistency. Now I will tell you I some times us their 55 grain ballistic tip load for real long range stuff, like Rocky Mountain 3-Gun where it goes out to 600 or so, but I'm happy with the A.E. out to the 400 yard range. It is good stuff!

I mostly shoot local matches which rarely go much past 300 yards, but I've also been happy with the Federal AE  55 grain.  It gives me decent accuracy and can be purchased for a reasonable price.

On 12/30/2018 at 9:28 AM, kurtm said:

Many a match has been won with a rifle/ammo combo that only is capable of 2 M.O.A. If your under that, and it is reliable, and the best part is that it is cheaper too, you win!!!

On a side note, I really can't figure out why anyone would say Federal A.E. is junk! For the last 5 years I have used the 55 grian A.E. ball ammo for most every match I have shot, and I am not unhappy with it's performance or consistency. Now I will tell you I some times us their 55 grain ballistic tip load for real long range stuff, like Rocky Mountain 3-Gun where it goes out to 600 or so, but I'm happy with the A.E. out to the 400 yard range. It is good stuff!

I mostly shoot local matches which rarely go much past 300 yards, but I've also been happy with the Federal AE  55 grain.  It gives me decent accuracy and can be purchased for a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...