Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
RangerTrace

3gun rifle ammo selection 200+ yards

Recommended Posts

I think an 8X scope would help me do a little better at group shooting as well, but I just hate to spend the $$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

48948183_10212825036602153_3545833022852956160_n.jpg

What program is this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Submoa.  Free at the App  store.  Kyle Marsh actually used it on my target.  I don't know how to use it just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey buddy! You know the rifle groups, you know you can group it to test the zero. You don't need an 8x, take that money and buy more of that great Federal ammo and practice, get off the bench, learn field positions, shoot a lot of off hand, and in general just shoot as much as you can...(I know you don't have much time). A little all the time is much better a than a lot every once in great while. In no time you will be doing great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Submoa.  Free at the App  store.  Kyle Marsh actually used it on my target.  I don't know how to use it just yet.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kurtm said:

Hey buddy! You know the rifle groups, you know you can group it to test the zero. You don't need an 8x, take that money and buy more of that great Federal ammo and practice, get off the bench, learn field positions, shoot a lot of off hand, and in general just shoot as much as you can...(I know you don't have much time). A little all the time is much better a than a lot every once in great while. In no time you will be doing great!

Thanks Kurt!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 9:28 AM, kurtm said:

Many a match has been won with a rifle/ammo combo that only is capable of 2 M.O.A. If your under that, and it is reliable, and the best part is that it is cheaper too, you win!!!

On a side note, I really can't figure out why anyone would say Federal A.E. is junk! For the last 5 years I have used the 55 grian A.E. ball ammo for most every match I have shot, and I am not unhappy with it's performance or consistency. Now I will tell you I some times us their 55 grain ballistic tip load for real long range stuff, like Rocky Mountain 3-Gun where it goes out to 600 or so, but I'm happy with the A.E. out to the 400 yard range. It is good stuff!

 

I mostly shoot local matches which rarely go much past 300 yards, but I've also been happy with the Federal AE  55 grain.  It gives me decent accuracy and can be purchased for a reasonable price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 9:28 AM, kurtm said:

Many a match has been won with a rifle/ammo combo that only is capable of 2 M.O.A. If your under that, and it is reliable, and the best part is that it is cheaper too, you win!!!

On a side note, I really can't figure out why anyone would say Federal A.E. is junk! For the last 5 years I have used the 55 grian A.E. ball ammo for most every match I have shot, and I am not unhappy with it's performance or consistency. Now I will tell you I some times us their 55 grain ballistic tip load for real long range stuff, like Rocky Mountain 3-Gun where it goes out to 600 or so, but I'm happy with the A.E. out to the 400 yard range. It is good stuff!

 

I mostly shoot local matches which rarely go much past 300 yards, but I've also been happy with the Federal AE  55 grain.  It gives me decent accuracy and can be purchased for a reasonable price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×