Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 9mm

Drillbit

Both guns will work fine for USPSA or IDPA.  The best answer I can give you on choosing one of the guns is to see how each one feels in your hand.  The one that feels to best to you I would go with.  

Get a 2.0... significantly more accurate in my experience. For competitive shooting, get the 5" for its longer sight radius. The Pro parts are crap so you will end up changing them all out anyway.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

The reason I don’t shoot Glocks is because they make me bleed, without a beaver tail the slide cuts me. When the M&P came out with a beaver tail I snapped it up and it has served me well. I don’t want anything to do with the 2.0 since they removed the beaver tail that drew me to them in the beginning. When you listen to the advice on here the conceness seams to be the trigger and accuracy on the 2.0 is better then the original but apex parts are better then both. My original M&P just got me through area 8 and I’ll be running it at limited nationals in October, the gun does not hold me back. In the end if your gun is reliable and accurate enough for the job the answer is practice. 

11 hours ago, ryan45kim said:

The reason I don’t shoot Glocks is because they make me bleed, without a beaver tail the slide cuts me. When the M&P came out with a beaver tail I snapped it up and it has served me well. I don’t want anything to do with the 2.0 since they removed the beaver tail that drew me to them in the beginning. When you listen to the advice on here the conceness seams to be the trigger and accuracy on the 2.0 is better then the original but apex parts are better then both. My original M&P just got me through area 8 and I’ll be running it at limited nationals in October, the gun does not hold me back. In the end if your gun is reliable and accurate enough for the job the answer is practice. 

?The 2 larger size grip inserts both have beaver tails? The 2 smaller sizes don't.  And from the Gen 4 on Glock also has the same type inserts some with beaver tails.

Is your state a 10 round magazine? I've had nothing but problems with the full-size 10 round magazines in both my M&P's and PCC when I put 10 rounds in them.  Work fine with only 9 rounds. If your not restricted, get the bigger mags and only load them to 10 rounds.

I was running M&Ps long before there was a gen 4 or 5 Glock but you are correct 20 years later Glocks finally have a beaver tail  option. I’m way to deep into M&Ps to change platforms now so Glocks are out for me. The M&P beaver tail is part of the frame not the grip insert. If you compare M&P gen 1 and 2 guns you can see the beaver tail has been removed from gen 2 guns so they are a non starter for me. In the end they all work just pick what you like and practice none of the guns we are discussing will make you a GM or hold you back that is up to you. 

14 hours ago, Drillbit said:

I am also considering the 10 rnd version  because I like the feel of my Shield a lot and it's a single stack also.  Any reasons I should reconsider this?  I will be shooting IDPA only. 

The 10 round magazine has no effect on the size of the pistol.  Same gun, just a limited number of rounds in the magazine.  As stated above, if you are not in a state that has banned high capacity magazines, buy the pistol with the 17 round magazine.

10 round mags have ridiculously stiff springs , getting 10 in there is a chore , if even possible. go with the 17 rounders if legal.

I've used my Performance center 9L for a few matches and even at the "performance center"  level, I changed out the barrel

and dropped in an apex flat face trigger forward set sear package. Now.... it's a serious shooter.

I'd say just stick to 1.0 if you like the beaver tail and drop in the apex kit and barrel (or a kkm barrel)

I've switched over to my CS shadow 2 now that it's been milled for CO, but I still use my M&P in steel matches all the time,

it's too much fun to shoot, to not use it.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:00 AM, nhjeffs said:

The 10 round magazine has no effect on the size of the pistol.  Same gun, just a limited number of rounds in the magazine.  As stated above, if you are not in a state that has banned high capacity magazines, buy the pistol with the 17 round magazine.

So  what you are saying is the pistol grip is the same size for the 10 and 17 round magazine, is this correct? 

Same width and length?

Edited by Drillbit