Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO

mcattack

I found a big difference for me going from the Shadow to the 2. That's one I'll never sell. But that's me and for production. (But I love the Shadow, too.  Great gun.)

Really want to try the CO route but think I might try something less expensive than a custom CZ to start. Maybe an RX. Then, when I'm not satisfied with that because it's not a CZ I'll have to sell it and go custom. Or maybe CZ will have something out by then. Of course the Phantom route sounds interesting too.

Hear that? That's the sound of money leaving my wallet...

On 9/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, mveto said:

I’ve been thinking of diving into the carry optics division and would build an SP01 for it. I would be tempted to get a shadow 2 but living in California the gun is not on the roster which would mean I’d have to pay a premium to get the gun and then spend a bunch more to get it ready to compete. 

SP-01 is on the roster yes - either dovetail/mill that for red dot, or get SP-01 Shadow upper from CZ Custom first ? . I know of a few completed CZ CO guns or uppers for sale NorCal if you want to buy one already done.

On 9/19/2018 at 1:10 AM, StandardError said:

Sorry to necro this thread, but how much did it cost for CGW to machine your slide? And did you need to refinish it?

If I remember correctly it was 140$ + shipping. Did not need to refinish as they blued the milled area and the rest of the frame was pristine when I got it back.

Ok shot an sp01 at the end of the match yesterday and my hits were real good. Gun is heavier than I expected but it shot well. One more question what is the difference between sp01 or 02 and the tanfoglio pistols. Have not done any research on them and like I said I know nothing about these guns. Is one better than the other.

13 minutes ago, mcattack said:

Ok shot an sp01 at the end of the match yesterday and my hits were real good. Gun is heavier than I expected but it shot well. One more question what is the difference between sp01 or 02 and the tanfoglio pistols. Have not done any research on them and like I said I know nothing about these guns. Is one better than the other.

I believe the SP01 has a firing pin block which the tanfos do not. I'm not sure, though. Also, the Tanfos are definitely heavier. Before the Shadow 2 came about, the Tanfos were the heaviest production guns.

Someone please correct me!! I thought that you could not use a Shadow2 for CO even if it made the 45OZ? I thought that the only machining could be to make the cut in the slide for the optic. I assume that I am wrong based on all of the posts about people that are using modified Shadow2s in CO.  Please clarify this for me. Thanks,  JD

22 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

Someone please correct me!! I thought that you could not use a Shadow2 for CO even if it made the 45OZ? I thought that the only machining could be to make the cut in the slide for the optic. I assume that I am wrong based on all of the posts about people that are using modified Shadow2s in CO.  Please clarify this for me. Thanks,  JD

21.2b

Milling of slide:

A slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing optical sights or cocking serrations.

Textured finishes, grip tape, milling

or stippling on the slide to provide texture is also allowed. Cuts designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, are allowed.

8 hours ago, eerw said:

21.2b

Milling of slide:

A slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing optical sights or cocking serrations.

Textured finishes, grip tape, milling

or stippling on the slide to provide texture is also allowed. Cuts designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, are allowed.

OK Thanks, I overlooked that statememt in the rules. I think I will call CZ Custom and Cagun gun works and get some prices. Thanks again,  JD

I know this subject has been beat to death already, but what are people's opinions on the 7.5 MOA deltapoint pro for CO?

I've shot with a 3 MOA dot on a glock before, but only in a semi indoor shooting bay at night. I'm interested in experimenting with the deltapoint because the big triangle seems to be popular for both speed (i.e. paint closer targets w/ the triangle and just go) as well as having an ability for precision with the top of the triangle. 

I use the 7.5 on a CZ 85 and I think that it's great. I use C-More STS 2 6MOA on a M&P pro and an RTS 2 6MOA on my revolver and I really don't have any issues using a dot or triangle. I really do like the auto on/off feature on the Leupold. If you like the Delta, get it, you won't be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, StandardError said:

I know this subject has been beat to death already, but what are people's opinions on the 7.5 MOA deltapoint pro for CO?

I've shot with a 3 MOA dot on a glock before, but only in a semi indoor shooting bay at night. I'm interested in experimenting with the deltapoint because the big triangle seems to be popular for both speed (i.e. paint closer targets w/ the triangle and just go) as well as having an ability for precision with the top of the triangle. 

I started off with the 2.5 dpp. Though it's a very fine, precise dot, I would lose it in transitions. Changed to 7.5 triangle and am happy. I use the top of the triangle as point of impact. Losing triangle in transition is a non issue. 

2 minutes ago, cbrconst said:

I started off with the 2.5 dpp. Though it's a very fine, precise dot, I would lose it in transitions. Changed to 7.5 triangle and am happy. I use the top of the triangle as point of impact. Losing triangle in transition is a non issue. 

I know this might be a big ask, but do you have any pictures that show how clear or bright the triangle is? I ask because I want to see how sharp the tip is for aiming purposes. 

The way I see it, I think this is very similar to how many people run a fiber optic front sight and use the top of the post for precision in longer targets but otherwise adopt a 'hammer-down-when-fiber's-on-target' strategy in closer targets. 

6 hours ago, cbrconst said:

This x100

17 hours ago, StandardError said:

I know this might be a big ask, but do you have any pictures that show how clear or bright the triangle is? I ask because I want to see how sharp the tip is for aiming purposes. 

The way I see it, I think this is very similar to how many people run a fiber optic front sight and use the top of the post for precision in longer targets but otherwise adopt a 'hammer-down-when-fiber's-on-target' strategy in closer targets. 

I do not.  Don't know where you're located, but I'd try to find one at a retailer.

I understand what you're saying about top of post and center of fiber aim.  I've never tested it, but the triangle is large enough that top of triangle, center and bottom POI would vary widely even at closer distances.  My 2 cents...

• 2 months later...

I got a czcustoms p-09 that came premilled by cZc. Works great, and I don't have to worry about the weight restriction since it's polymer framed and much lighter. Though I do like full steel guns, the p-09 shoots great and it fits multiple different optics.

• 2 weeks later...