Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Recommendations

I've read the "Diving into the PCC Pool" thread but my question is a bit different so forgive me for starting a new thread on what seems to be the same topic.  

Background:  I'm a casual PCC shooter and shoot a monthly local Steel Challenge match and a couple of steel plate matches a year.   I'm not good but not terrible either and shoot for enjoyment.  I have no illusions of ever making master and at my age (76) major improvement isn't real likely. 

My current PCC is a Ruger PC Carbine set up with the Glock mag well, 33-round Glock magazines, a Taccom 2-chamber compensator and a Vortex Venom red dot on a bmiller rear sight replacement pic rail adapter.  I enjoy it a lot but wonder if something better might be fun to have.  Not essential but fun.  Money is a bit of an object but since iIve owned a Les Baer 1911, a $2000 gun isn't a show stopper.

So, my question is which 9 mm PCC's to consider?  I do NOT want to build one from parts, I want to buy a complete "turn-key" carbine which is why I started this new thread.

I gather the JP Enterprises GMR-15 is the current class act and I'm considering it but any other good candidates?  I'd like to stay with a Glock mag well but that isn't essential.

Thanks for your recommendations.  

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

I've read the "Diving into the PCC Pool" thread but my question is a bit different so forgive me for starting a new thread on what seems to be the same topic.  

Background:  I'm a casual PCC shooter and shoot a monthly local Steel Challenge match and a couple of steel plate matches a year.   I'm not good but not terrible either and shoot for enjoyment.  I have no illusions of ever making master and at my age (76) major improvement isn't real likely. 

My current PCC is a Ruger PC Carbine set up with the Glock mag well, 33-round Glock magazines, a Taccom 2-chamber compensator and a Vortex Venom red dot on a bmiller rear sight replacement pic rail adapter.  I enjoy it a lot but wonder if something better might be fun to have.  Not essential but fun.  Money is a bit of an object but since iIve owned a Les Baer 1911, a $2000 gun isn't a show stopper.

So, my question is which 9 mm PCC's to consider?  I do NOT want to build one from parts, I want to buy a complete "turn-key" carbine which is why I started this new thread.

I gather the JP Enterprises GMR-15 is the current class act and I'm considering it but any other good candidates?  I'd like to stay with a Glock mag well but that isn't essential.

Thanks for your recommendations.  

Ck arms

My vote
Nordic Components AR9
It also has interchangeable mag. assemblies. I paid $1250
The trigger is a polished milspec.
I put in a 3.5lb. CMG Trigger for under $100 that breaks at 3lbs. Like glass. The Gun runs everything, wonderful machining.
You would be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CKARMS with Taccom ULW barrel is hard to beat, especially for steel. It comes with a mil-spec trigger, which have been proven to be pretty nice, but that allows you to choose the trigger “you” want rather than what the builder thinks you should have. 

The JP will come out of the box ready to run 50,000 rounds minimum. I put 175+ power factor down to well below 100 power factor loads through a stock gun. If you want a package you can still tinker for 10 minutes but will work even if you don’t touch it for 3 months of matches, get the JP and the SCS tuning kit to play with weights and springs. 

Or or just do what I do and wipe off old lube, add more lube and have fun shooting a really fun gun.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about loads or options. 

Y'all keep saying the JP is heavy?!?  Compared to my LANTAC with a Vortex Razor, it feels like a toy in my hand.  And come to think of it, it is a toy, a pretty badass toy!!  I traded for mine on Wednesday, sighted it in at an indoor range and shot an IPDA match with it on Saturday.  It hasn't failed yet.  Love it.

8 minutes ago, MikieM said:

Spend the money and buy the JP.

^^^this. From a disgruntled sig mpx owner two times over. Just get a JP and be done. There are 5 of us at the club running gen2 sig MPXs, only one has a rig that doesn't malfunction.

I've seen good things from the cmmg guard, havent seen enough rounds down range to be conclusive on it.