Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate trigger

Firefight5243

6 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Nice gun. What hammer is that? How much fitting was required? Safety work ok?

That's the CZ race hammer, same one that they put on the parrot.  I purchased this gun used, so not sure if the hammer required any fitting, but there are not any shiny spots, so I would say no. I installed the S2 wide safety (other side has thin one) and it dropped right in. 

My other TSO is setup very similar, however with factory trigger and hammer.  Shooting them back to back, I don't feel any difference in the trigger.  I don't own a trigger gauge, so not a very scientific comparison.

.... Shooting them back to back, I don't feel any difference in the trigger.  I don't own a trigger gauge, so not a very scientific comparison.

From the Parrot Unboxing thread, after changing to a flat trigger, pull went from 1-14oz to 1-4oz. I wondered how this could be.

As much as I like the oem TSO trigger, I considered experimenting with the flat.

P.S. Whaaat! muncie doesn't own a trigger gauge? Loaned it out and never got it back? Had a break-in? Left it in your truck bed?

... just kiddin

-Rob

LOL, I'll get one eventually Rob.  Unlike a chrono, which I find to be mandatory, the trigger gauge to me is more of a gee-wiz instrument.  Either I like the trigger pull or I don't, no amount of numbers on a gauge will convince me otherwise. :)  But, like HP and your GF's boobs, it is fun to compare who has the best with friends.

On 4/21/2019 at 5:30 AM, muncie21 said:

That's the CZ race hammer, same one that they put on the parrot.  I purchased this gun used, so not sure if the hammer required any fitting, but there are not any shiny spots, so I would say no. I installed the S2 wide safety (other side has thin one) and it dropped right in. 

My other TSO is setup very similar, however with factory trigger and hammer.  Shooting them back to back, I don't feel any difference in the trigger.  I don't own a trigger gauge, so not a very scientific comparison.

Agreed, I’ve installed the conceal hammer and can confirm its drop in fit

• 1 year later...
On 2/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, robert.a.brewer. said:

I struggled with the floating pin design for my TSO. I didn't see the advantage. Now, If I remember correctly...

I think the floating pin works best when the pin goes through the frame, then the trigger and spring, then the trigger bar, then the other side of trigger, then onto the frame.

For my TSO, the floating pin just goes through the frame, into the trigger bar, and then out to the frame. The trigger itself is mounted to the trigger bar with its own pin and spring. I didn't need the slave pin for the TSO application since the floating pin didn't go through the spring.

I haven't taken the pin back out since it neither increased nor decreased my trigger pull #, but I'm still wondering why I bought it.

The floating pin is held in place by the spring thus doesn’t need to be staked. Pin is reusable again and again.

The floating pin is held in place by the spring thus doesn’t need to be staked. Pin is reusable again and again.

Reusable pin; yes. Held by my trigger spring; no.

The pin doesn't go through my TSO trigger/spring. Only goes through the trigger bar.

Sent from my SM-F700N using Tapatalk

On 6/15/2020 at 2:24 PM, NYR said:

3 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Reusable pin; yes. Held by my trigger spring; no.

The pin doesn't go through my TSO trigger/spring. Only goes through the trigger bar.

Sent from my SM-F700N using Tapatalk

The trigger pin that Cajun sells for the Tac Sport requires red loctite to keep it place since the trigger spring doesn’t keep it in place.